Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 06 night rod and currently re wiring and relocating switches. I am curious if anyone on here has bypassed the TSM/TSSM on their bike? I don't have a siren or any security remote and don't really care to have it. I would like to do away with it entirely if possible. If anyone with experience in this would be able to offer some input it would be appreciated.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I'm not sure why the box cannot be bypassed,but everyone uses the TSSM,or the TSM that I know of.One main reason is because the tip sensor is in the TSM.
You might contact Hog Wild racing and ask him.He races a 3 wheel Revo powered monster and is pretty smart w electronics.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
The TSM is more than a Turn signal Module. It also contains your "Bank angle indicator" which shuts the bike off if you tilt to much.
Your Turn signals are electronic. All of the turn signal functions are controlled by the TSM. IE: Self canceling after a turn or shut off after extended periods of time etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Elrod, i will try to contact him asap. Yes rusty i realize how the turn sigs function, i removed all of my signals and handle bar buttons so I don't need the TSM on that note. I am just looking to rework the ignition side of it, If it is removed i still need my bike to start.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... i removed all of my signals and handle bar buttons so I don't need the TSM on that note. I am just looking to rework the ignition side of it, If it is removed i still need my bike to start.
I don't think you'll be able to start the bike without a TSM/TSSM/HFSM. HogWild tried to eliminate the TSM/TSSM but found no way to do this. The Delphi ECM must have a working TSM/TSSM/HFSM connected on the serial data line in order for the bike to start. Scott (HogWild) wrote quite a few posts about how he tried to bypass it and failed. He also posted showing how he modified the TSM/TSSM to ignore the bank angle sensor so it would work on his racing sidecar setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts