Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased the TSSM security syste. I don't have a manual. :banghead:Before I start ripping this bike apart can someone tell me where the TSM is located? If you know where they mount the antenna for these that would be great also. Thanks in advance. Peter

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
mine is / was located HERE

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It is all under your passenger seat, antenna too, but without the factory Harley digital technician you'll never get it to work because it has to be programmed to your bike/ecm.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a process to program (code learn) a TSSM when replacing or upgrading. It takes over 30 minutes and it is easy to make a mistake but it can be done without the digital technician. Thanks!!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
There is a process to program (code learn) a TSSM when replacing or upgrading. It takes over 30 minutes and it is easy to make a mistake but it can be done without the digital technician. Thanks!!!
how the hell can you know that but not know where the hell the TSSM/TSM is located?

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
The TSSM/HFSM can be programmed to mate with the ECM without a Digitech but the button-less FOBs need a dealers love and care to mate them to the HFSM.
One of my long ago posts has an attachment on how to marry the TSSM/HFSM to the Ecm.
Check out this View attachment 141924

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how the hell can you know that but not know where the hell the TSSM/TSM is located?
Before I ask ??? I search the forums. Found nothing about location but plenty about installing, marrying and programming. Go figure. It's the easy stuff that kills me. :chair:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The TSSM/HFSM can be programmed to mate with the ECM without a Digitech but the button-less FOBs need a dealers love and care to mate them to the HFSM.
One of my long ago posts has an attachment on how to marry the TSSM/HFSM to the Ecm.
Check out this View attachment 141924
Even the FOB that comes with the kit?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
Even the FOB that comes with the kit?
Yes sir. YOu might want to consider buying an extra fob in case of loss of damage of some sort.

AND DON'T FORGET, using your users manual, enter a PIN code so in the event you lose the fobs you can manually disable the security system. With out a synced FOB or pin code you can not disable the security system period. Even H-D and the dealers can't override it. The only solution is buying a new HFSM.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
You might want to consider buying a users manual for your model and year. Lots of good info in there regarding the capabilities of the security system among other things about your bike.
Dealers might have them but they can order one if necessary.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes sir. YOu might want to consider buying an extra fob in case of loss of damage of some sort.

AND DON'T FORGET, using your users manual, enter a PIN code so in the event you lose the fobs you can manually disable the security system. With out a synced FOB or pin code you can not disable the security system period. Even H-D and the dealers can't override it. The only solution is buying a new HFSM.
I appreciate the information. I have a second FOB, we kept one from the Nightster we traded in. Also we are familar with the PIN code. Have a secrity system on oue 09 Softail and occasionally start with the pin code just so we don't forget how. Trying to find a service manual on ebay for a deal. Sooner or later I'll get lucky.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
I appreciate the information. I have a second FOB, we kept one from the Nightster we traded in. Also we are familar with the PIN code. Have a secrity system on oue 09 Softail and occasionally start with the pin code just so we don't forget how. Trying to find a service manual on ebay for a deal. Sooner or later I'll get lucky.
Sounds like you are on top of it. Good luck on the search.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
Google Search is better. Go to the left upper corner of the forum page where you see "Google Custom Search" in light grey. Keyt in

Site: 1130cc.com {search argument}

Dont use the brackets on your search argument.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts