Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy next door has an '03 and is having trouble with it bogging down at higher revs. He had someone mod the exhaust. The way that I understand it, is that they basically did a V-MOD without cutting out the rear end. So it looks stock, but has no inner baffles. Anyway, I told him that he probably needs to have the tuning adjusted through either an HD flash, a gil's box, power commander or some other sort of fuel management system. I have a gil's box on mine and it works fine, but I was able to order it based a defined set of modifications (topless with v-mod pipes). So, does anyone have a suggestion for the best fuel management system with a hybrid type modification such as my friend's? I don't have any experience with the power commanders and therefore don't know how to go about downloading maps or which set up is the best, etc. Please educate me (and my friend) Thanks!

·
The Hawk
3,881 Posts
Have him check the fuel flange to make sure that is not the issue. Do a search on here for info, it is a common issue with 03 VRods.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts