Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stooz
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the full wet weight of a stock 03 VRSCA. I weighed mine tonight and without me and with a full tank of fuel it was 595 lbs How much have I trimmed off?

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
Stooz said:
Does anyone know the full wet weight of a stock 03 VRSCA. I weighed mine tonight and without me and with a full tank of fuel it was 595 lbs How much have I trimmed off?
Well, premium weighs about 6.35 lbs per gallon and the capacity is actually 3.5, I think, after you deduct for the sending unit. So the manual for the 03 says it weighs 595 dry but I'm not sure about the oil. All in all, I would say you've shaved a little over 20 lbs off the bike. What did you take off?

·
Stooz
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics are in my gallery but changed are:
Wheels, brake discs, pulley, calipers, has turbo so monster heavy exhaust is gone, has carbon fiber front vents, rad shrouds, belt guards and exhaust mount cover plate. Dogs ass is gone and the bars are smaller. I thought with wheels and exhaust alone I woulda dropped 40 -50 lbs. I am not sure how accurate manuals definition of dry weight is either. Anyone weigh their bikes?

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
Stooz said:
Pics are in my gallery but changed are:
Wheels, brake discs, pulley, calipers, has turbo so monster heavy exhaust is gone, has carbon fiber front vents, rad shrouds, belt guards and exhaust mount cover plate. Dogs ass is gone and the bars are smaller. I thought with wheels and exhaust alone I woulda dropped 40 -50 lbs. I am not sure how accurate manuals definition of dry weight is either. Anyone weigh their bikes?

Don't forget that many of the parts you took off, you replaced with something else and the aluminum parts aren't exactly heavy to start with. Also, you lost the exhaust but you picked up a turbo. I bet there isn't that much difference between the two. I would also guess that the manual is pretty much dead on with the 595 number. Losing weight is a great way to increase performance but it's not as easy as most people think.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Not sure what the manual says, I thought the stock 03 weighed 635 according to the Harley site.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
sgtrage said:
Max, I pulled my manual out and it lists the dry weight as 595 lbs.
Thats probably about right then when you add four gallons of fuel about 1.5 gallons of coolant and over a gallon of oil I think your probably pretty close to the 635 the harley site advertised.

·
Stooz
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well a 40 lb drop is pretty decent. Everytime I ride it the back tire gets a little lighter too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts