Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! From Spain. Sorry for my English...
I have a problem with my VRSCDX 2008 and nobody knows why.
When I've been riding for a long time, I get the message “SIDE STAND”, but it's not.
I have changed the battery, I know it can give that error for a low voltage, so I changed it and put a voltmeter to always see the battery charge. Everything is correct, 14.0 v with the bike started and the battery is always above 12.5 v with the engine off.
The sensor seems to be fine, when it gives the error, I put a metal plate on the sensor and it keeps giving the error. It usually fails when I've been riding for a long time and I can't stop anymore, because if I stop, when I put a gear the motorcycle stops for safety.

I see that in the USA you have more passion for VROD than here, to see if you can help me.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Hi! From Spain. Sorry for my English...
I have a problem with my VRSCDX 2008 and nobody knows why.
When I've been riding for a long time, I get the message “SIDE STAND”, but it's not.
I have changed the battery, I know it can give that error for a low voltage, so I changed it and put a voltmeter to always see the battery charge. Everything is correct, 14.0 v with the bike started and the battery is always above 12.5 v with the engine off.
The sensor seems to be fine, when it gives the error, I put a metal plate on the sensor and it keeps giving the error. It usually fails when I've been riding for a long time and I can't stop anymore, because if I stop, when I put a gear the motorcycle stops for safety.

I see that in the USA you have more passion for VROD than here, to see if you can help me.

Thank you!
Sorry, we don't use those here. Have you replaced it yet?/ I suspect it's the sensor itself. If you know the resistance value or can get it when it's behaving correctly , rig up a resister of equal value to fool it for testing purposes. That will at least confirm if it's the kickstand sensor or not.
Ron

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
it's a good idea, I'll try to see if it keeps the error or not.

Thanks!
A bit more info. As you can see the NA models use a dust cover where the sensor wire would plug into. That dust cover is #72519-09BK The sensor itself is 50277-08A. . At least with the pic, you can track the power , ground and signal connections. The sensor hall effect would be the signal for the ECM.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
A bit more info. As you can see the NA models use a dust cover where the sensor wire would plug into. That dust cover is #72519-09BK The sensor itself is 50277-08A. . At least with the pic, you can track the power , ground and signal connections. The sensor hall effect would be the signal for the ECM.
Ron
HAVE YOU CHECKED THE SWITCH ON THE STAND ??IT COULD BE MESWSED UP FROM THE SHIT ON THE ROAD SPRAY YOU ENCOUNTER AFTER A RAIN STORM --THERE IS A LOT OF SALT IN THAT SHIT AND THE SWITCH HAS GONE TO HELL FROM THAT SALT--TRY SOME WD 40 THAT IS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO DO CLEAN SHIT UP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.