Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock Tripple Trees are begining to look like crap. The tight space keeps me from putting a finger with some Mother's polish on anywhere but the front faceings. Besides tearing down the front end of my bike and chroming them, or painting them.... any ideas?

Scout

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If you have dremel that is variable speed you can get the small cotton wheels and some polish compound (rouge) from some place like Sears. Make sure to run the dremel between 1600 and 3000 rpm for best results. It will shine more like your chrome now.

Max

·
Custom VRSCAWT
313 Posts
Heh, Dremel tool, I really feel dumb about not even thinking of that one, considering that me and my Dremel tool are unseperatable. That is one tool I would have a hard time living without. I am tempted to go get the battery operated one soon. Thanks fo the tip.

--Darin

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
DarinSeng

I use my dremel for everything. I have a motor drive flex cable dremel with a variable speed foot throttle. I call it the cat daddy of dremels.

And welcome to the forum DarinSeng

Max

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
It might just be a local language thing, but I'm no tool wielder so it could just be me being ignorant too - but what is a dremmel? And what is a motor drive flex cable dremmel?:stupid:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Karl Scott I'll post a picture when I get home but if you have been to the dentist and seen the drill he uses has a shaft drive cable from a motor. That is exactly how mine is.

Max

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
OUCH!!!!!

I can hear it now, "Jeanie, don't bother me for the next hour, I have to give the VR a root canal". :freak:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Drimmel

This is the heavy duty drimmel.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
OK, thanks Max. You guys have the neatest toys!:) When the clock got stolen from the handlebars at Gold Coast Bike Week, I had to go buy a torx head kit - I always just thought they were phillips heads. :stupid:

As a wrencher I make a really good lawyer :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Max is right, but also use Mother's Billet Polish! Much better than the standard Mother's. I use my Dremel every day restoring my watches for sale.

John

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Or you can get it chromed and never have to worry again!:eek:

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Super Kaz said:
Or you can get it chromed and never have to worry again!:eek:
This seems like the best idea, if I just hadn't cut down that damn money tree I had growing in my front yard!!!:D

MIke

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ya friggen stopped growing now what do I do?:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts