Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to give my F more of a chopper look. I found a site that makes a full kit with triple trees, for tubes and all but the F is an inverted fork. So with this I need to to see about ether paying for all new parts or find somone with another V-Rod that the parts can swap with and do a front end swap with them then get my chopper look done.

So dose any one know if the V-Rod Muscle (F) 2009 can do a swap with any other V-Rods out there? I dont care about, on my side, the rake or anything just can it be done.

·
Mike
283 Posts
Others with more expertise will chime in, I'm sure, but I think that the trees on all V-rods swap EXCEPT the R models. If you go this way, I would be interested in your take off parts, as I am looking to go with inverted forks on my 05 A.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if it swaps well then I would be willing to do a full swap with somone thay get my forks, breaks and trip trees oh and fender and i take theres. Head light as well if that will not swap. I already have a new front rim and want to keep my bars, speedo, and custom grips. Would be great if somone in the AZ area is willing to test this out with me.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the bars are not a direct swap but the rest of the frontend is. I don't think the Muscle bars will fit the standard triple tree and vice versa I don't think A model bars or the B/D/DX risers will bolt on to the Mucle triple tree. Also there is no need to swap brakes because they are the same from '06 and up (Brembo's).

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i saw a dx with a f front just this weekend ,he said brakes and all stayed the same ,and it was a direct swap i think ,bryan is correct, the bars are different ,which suited this guy cos he had his cluster in a je box and different bars anyway , was a nice looking unit

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
The F has a different steering stem, no star nut and a completely different top nut. The top nut preloads the head bearings on an F, and the top clamp clamps to the stem, completely different set up than earlier V-Rods and more like that of a Sportster or Superglide. Not sure if the F and A fork locks line up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts