Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to adjust my fall away today and using a 1 1/2" open end wrench, I just had to put slight pressure on the large nut before it spun. No way it was on there in the 50ft/lbs area.

I moved the bearing adjusting nut about 1/4" before I got the front end where I wanted it. Now I'm waiting on the 1 1/2" crows foot to arrive in the mail so I can finish the job. I'm figuring on going 60 ft/lbs with the top tree securing nut.

Maybe, just maybe the HD engineers were right about that nut not being tightened correctly from the factory.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
mustanggt said:
I went to adjust my fall away today and using a 1 1/2" open end wrench, I just had to put slight pressure on the large nut before it spun. No way it was on there in the 50ft/lbs area.

I moved the bearing adjusting nut about 1/4" before I got the front end where I wanted it. Now I'm waiting on the 1 1/2" crows foot to arrive in the mail so I can finish the job. I'm figuring on going 60 ft/lbs with the top tree securing nut.

Maybe, just maybe the HD engineers were right about that nut not being tightened correctly from the factory.
Torque it to factory specs, that way you run less of a chance of stripping it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts