Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm super new to playing around with motorbikes so trying to get familiar with my 2013 nightrod. was swapping out the ugly stock indicators and of course the alarm came on and made me super deaf, so after taking out the 40 fuse from my battery I just wanted to know is it okay to have a trickle charger plugged into the battery with the 40 fuse removed? my knowledge on batteries and how they work is uh... limited.

Thanks dudes!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Sure. It's best to not use more then 2 amp trickle charger on this size battery and preferably a smart charger.
When you put the master back in the fans will start and run for while. You can wait for it to shut off or just turn the key on and then off to stop them.
Ron

·
Warming sceptic
127 Posts
I hope it is OK for me to add to this question as it does involve charging.

I've just got a lithium battery for my 2007 and had to get a specific smart trickle charger for it. I have a simple dobeck tuner so if I disconnect the battery, or pull the main fuse, I think it removes the amended ecu settings, so when reconnected I have to run the bike a while to relearn the settings I've dialled in? So is it OK to just connect the trickle charger to the battery, with the main fuse in, and hence alarmed, so as to retain my dobeck settings?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I hope it is OK for me to add to this question as it does involve charging.

I've just got a lithium battery for my 2007 and had to get a specific smart trickle charger for it. I have a simple dobeck tuner so if I disconnect the battery, or pull the main fuse, I think it removes the amended ecu settings, so when reconnected I have to run the bike a while to relearn the settings I've dialled in? So is it OK to just connect the trickle charger to the battery, with the main fuse in, and hence alarmed, so as to retain my dobeck settings?

Thanks
Not sure on the tuner but I see no issue with hooking up the charger while battery is still in the bike. I do, or have, plus tenders are hooked up that way. As for the lithium specific charger, it shouldn't make any difference.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.