Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my Dad's bike and noticed he had a helmet lock extension to keep his helmet away from the frame/paint. This gave me an idea for locking a helmet on the VRod.

Simply take the extension and run it thru your D-Rings on the helmet, then lock the extension thru the seat post/lock...Done!

See pics for details...(if I attached it correctly)

Leon M.
New Smyrna Beach, FL.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like the idea. Very clean and easy. I do have a question though. How close does that leave the helmet to the exhaust? I wouldn't want to come back to charcoaled helmet!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got about a 1" clearance. Helmet strap length, D-Link and extender length will vary the clearance.

No problems at all...

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Very good idea! Regarding the heat issue..............look at it this way when its cold out, your helmet will be prewarmed!;):rofl3: :biker:

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Thanks, I will give it a try

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Roger. I believe I posted that very idea a couple weeks ago. Great minds think alike I guess! - Crash

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Leon, with this set up do you run the strap through the D rings and buckle (or snap) or do you just leave the strap hanging??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I just let the strap lay (safely) inside the helmet. If you buckle it, I don't think you can get the extension in there and still close the seat. But then again, I use a full face helmet... But it might work for a shorty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts