Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Too many projects so I'm thinking of putting my NRS up for sale but have absolutely no idea what the current market value would be.

2015 NRS Metallic Green
Turbo installed right around 9900 miles currently has just over 10k miles.
Forks rebuilt and fluids changed.
Turbo kit was buttoned up and dyno tuned by Trask with a custom map. Dyno sheet with 150 wheel hp.
Thunder Max Gen 3 with USB port.

Thanks for any insight. I searched ebay completed auctions and only found one that was ended early.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hello,

Too many projects so I'm thinking of putting my NRS up for sale but have absolutely no idea what the current market value would be.

2015 NRS Metallic Green
Forks rebuilt and fluids changed.
Turbo kit was buttoned up and dyno tuned by Trask with a custom map. Dyno sheet with 150 wheel hp.

Thanks for any insight. I searched ebay completed auctions and only found one that was ended early.
You rode approximately 100 miles after you added the turbo? Did I read that right?

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Any photos ? OK yea you don't have the post count yet NickPo - just post some things answer some posts etc. etc. and send us a Pic - lots of interest will happen with this bike, where you at ? So 12K for the bike, 4K for recovery of the Turbo install used - so 16K nego - out the door ? (y):cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You rode approximately 100 miles after you added the turbo? Did I read that right?
That is correct. I'm older now and things change when you get older right? haha.
I live in Arizona so it's too hot to enjoy riding half of the year. (I'll just take a vehicle with AC!)
I have Jeeps, amongst other hobbies, that take lots of time and money.
This bike is super cool but it's hard to keep paying registration/insurance on something that just sits on the battery tender.

And good idea streetrodracer, I'll get the post count up. Funny thing is I actually had an active account here a long time ago but can't remember the username or email address linked to it...Oh well.

Is it against the rules to post links to craigslist/ebay/etc when I decide to list it?

Thanks,
-Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was just a random pic in my phone. Had a small coolant leak from the modified coolant tube right by the cap. I fixed it that day and cleaned up the coolant on the case cover. Now that I can post pics I'll get some better ones of it tomorrow.

I was also going to take the turbo components off and high-temp paint or powdercoat them, but I kind of liked the Frankenstein chrome turbo hanging off the side of the blacked-out NRS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Finally got out to the shop to get some pics. So back to my original question....Can anyone help with a market value? 10k miles.

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
I'd say M/C Blue Book plus 1/2 the Turbo Installation Value ? Plus you gotta find a buyer that likes the Turbo power more than the look of the right side of your bike - left side is beautiful, right side not so much, it needs black coating as you said to make Turbo equipment almost disappear - subtract $ 1000 from total or trade it off for the low mileage on bike & turbo system - now maybe we're in the ballpark ? Great deal for someone looking for a late model turnkey Turbo NightRod Special !(y):cool:

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Sounds like he would freudie but doesn't have the time for it - his main reason for selling it, so someone that wants a turnkey Turbo NRS outta jump on this and take it off his hands ( then replace that silly intercooler or at least put a cool air scoop on it to drive some cool air thru it & make it as useful as it can be then camouflage it with the green NRS paint - black out the rest of the Turbo components and it would look as good as possible. Just my opinion, & what I'd do if I bought it. (y):cool:

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
153 Posts
I like it and want a turbo! :( But because of the move to Tennessee I can't buy anything right now. :( But I agree with streetrodracer the turbo needs to be blacked out so it blends into the bike. If you still have it in 6 or 7 months and have a price by then. LOL I would like to talk about getting it. :) I was planning on adding a turbo to mine, buying another new one if HD makes a FAST REV2 cruiser and keeping both. But I can't buy anything until next year after the final move or I may wake up DEAD! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
NickPo it looks like NADA Value is roughly $12,000 - $16,000 plus 1/2 Turbo value $ 3500 = $15,500 to $ 19,500. Variable by paint, wheel & tire wear & condition, etc. With a limited US market for that bike and being out of production I'd say the low end of that range but you never know value and price are in the eyes of the beholder - I've seen crashed bikes that need 6-8K work sell for 7-8K and even get shipped overseas for sale and parts. I've seen very low mileage late model garage queen V Rods sell for $ 6800 in perfect shape, because the owners needed them gone for money or moving etc. Advertise it on the high end and work the price down as needed to sell, same process for selling anything if you really want top money and have the time. Good Luck with the sale !! (y):cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You would make more removing that kit and selling the bike and kit separately.
Yes, I'm aware. But as streetrodracer said after, it's not worth my time to disassemble, purchase the drilled/cut/modified stock parts from the Trask kit (FP regulator, Coolant tube) and then sell a motorcycle and a turbo kit separately.

I like it and want a turbo! :( But because of the move to Tennessee I can't buy anything right now. :( But I agree with streetrodracer the turbo needs to be blacked out so it blends into the bike. If you still have it in 6 or 7 months and have a price by then. LOL I would like to talk about getting it. :) I was planning on adding a turbo to mine, buying another new one if HD makes a FAST REV2 cruiser and keeping both. But I can't buy anything until next year after the final move or I may wake up DEAD! LOL
Hopefully it'll be gone by then, but you never know.

NickPo it looks like NADA Value is roughly $12,000 - $16,000 plus 1/2 Turbo value $ 3500 = $15,500 to $ 19,500. Variable by paint, wheel & tire wear & condition, etc. With a limited US market for that bike and being out of production I'd say the low end of that range but you never know value and price are in the eyes of the beholder - I've seen crashed bikes that need 6-8K work sell for 7-8K and even get shipped overseas for sale and parts. I've seen very low mileage late model garage queen V Rods sell for $ 6800 in perfect shape, because the owners needed them gone for money or moving etc. Advertise it on the high end and work the price down as needed to sell, same process for selling anything if you really want top money and have the time. Good Luck with the sale !! (y):cool:
Thank you for the help and advice. From that price range of 15,500 to 19,500 I would be happy right in the middle at 17,500. I think that's fair considering low miles, the newer version Thundermax, and custom dynotuned map from Trask. (Luckily they are only a couple hours from my house) I also have all the components to go back to stock.

And PS, if you saw the turbo in person you might think it looks cool on the blacked-out bike!! haha. Maybe not. But in addition to everything else I have a spare turbo gasket set from Trask too. I bought it when I was going to take it apart and get everything painted/powdercoated.

And so I guess with that the bike is officially for sale. Asking 17,500 located in Tucson Arizona. I'll probably list it on Cycletrader in the next couple days also. If anyone here is interested you can PM me and I'll reply with my phone number.

2015 NRS Metallic Green
Never dropped, garage kept.
Forks rebuilt and fluids changed at 9k.
Stock parts to go back to non-turbo included.
2 NIB Spare 02 sensors included.
NIB Trask Turbo gasket set included.
Probably more small stuff I'm forgetting...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts