Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a Trask do for a 1250 performance wise.
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
Given that the 1250 isn't much more powerful then the stock 1130 I would figure the numbers would be very similar.
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
VrodG said:
My bad he got an 07 with the big tire.
Greg that still doesn't sound right, I have seen 240 tires still turn between 155 and 160-hp. Is it a very conservative dyno or does he have something else going on. And 155 was on Gail's dyno which isn't forgiving at all.
 

·
AIM Bagger Edition
Joined
·
7,798 Posts
160 HP here with a 1250 and a 240 on the back. Must be a stingy dyno. If you are running the Trask map why even bother with a dyno? Their map is pretty well dead nuts without all the dyno time and expense. :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
I am going to put mine on the dyno at myrtle beach I think. I am going to give speeds performance plus a shot at tuning it.

I should have the 260 on it by then, will let you know the numbers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
vesteroid said:
I am going to put mine on the dyno at myrtle beach I think. I am going to give speeds performance plus a shot at tuning it.

I should have the 260 on it by then, will let you know the numbers
If your having your bike dynoed in myrtle, i would suggest using MYRTLE BEACH PERFORMANCE. I met the owner up in Laconia this year.He has 4 AHDRA championships under his belt and actually owns a shop not like SPEEDS!!!!! Speeds just owns a trailer that they tow from rally to rally. Go see Maiko and he'll tune your bike right, either that or you don't owe him a penny. Now thats standing behind you knowledge!!!! Go to MYRTLEBEACHPERFORMANCE.COM for info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Thanks for the input I will check them out as well.

I have used speeds in the past to tune my RK and was very pleased with their work.

Regardless of a trailer or bricks and mortar, I think they are a quality business.

And I am almost sure they have a shop as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I'm sure Speeds treated you right. Was gonna have them DYNO an air cooled bike that i built up in Laconia last year. Watched them make a belt adjustment on another bike before dynoing it and than snapped the belt on the dyno. Unfortunatley they didn't have another belt for the guy and still charged him for the Dyno!!!! We got the poor guy a belt at Dave Lunds shop and i installed it at Dave's shop for the guy. We brought the bike over to Maiko and he got some real power for the guy. We had him tune the bike i built, he got 113HP and 124lbs of trq. Still ain't enough to beat the V ROD!!!! Spend your money where you want just giving a fellow member a heads up!!!!!Theres a big differnce between a racer tuning your bike and a grease monkey doing it!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
I emailed your boys...will see if I can get an appointment. Speeds is not coming to the fall rally according to their web site.
 

·
AIM Bagger Edition
Joined
·
7,798 Posts
I'm curious to see or hear numbers afterwards. I'm interested to see if they can improve upon what the guy who designed them uses for a map.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Yes, me too actually. I wonder if I am wasting my money. I do suspect the map is set conservatively so it might be leaned up a bit. I am going to write down the suggested af ratios from the video and take them with me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,752 Posts
rodder said:
I'm sure Speeds treated you right. Was gonna have them DYNO an air cooled bike that i built up in Laconia last year. Watched them make a belt adjustment on another bike before dynoing it and than snapped the belt on the dyno. Unfortunatley they didn't have another belt for the guy and still charged him for the Dyno!!!! We got the poor guy a belt at Dave Lunds shop and i installed it at Dave's shop for the guy. We brought the bike over to Maiko and he got some real power for the guy. We had him tune the bike i built, he got 113HP and 124lbs of trq. Still ain't enough to beat the V ROD!!!! Spend your money where you want just giving a fellow member a heads up!!!!!Theres a big differnce between a racer tuning your bike and a grease monkey doing it!!!!
I know Maiko very well and use him exclusively for airhead tunning. As for Vrods with the race tuner. I would be skeptical. He may be learning on your dime. He charges top dollar. So keep that in mind. When considering him.
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
vesteroid said:
Yes, me too actually. I wonder if I am wasting my money. I do suspect the map is set conservatively so it might be leaned up a bit. I am going to write down the suggested af ratios from the video and take them with me.
Mark here is another 1250 turbo map that was made by a company in Florida. I have never tried it but it might be something to download if you have a dyno and your tuner files handy to see how it compares. I suggest running the map Nick made until you get it on a dyno though.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=87390&d=1186017110
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
You get what you pay for. I've gotten just as much as MAIKO charges in other shops Dynoing, to only be back to my original set up i got from another member. Giving you a high RPM HP# ain't to good on the street. Watched him tune a SE VROD up in Laconia this year. Seen the guy a couple days later and he was very happy with the work Maiko did. He is very pricey, he was getting $450(ouch) up at Laconia. But he was booked all week, so thats gotta say something!!! He checks the bike very thoroughly, belt tension, tire pressure, cleans the air filter, and whatever he thinks neccasary. He also tunes it for the RPM range you ride in. One place leaned my bike out so much that at CRUISIN speed she was ready to squeek. Take it for what its worth!!!
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top