Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for all you guys with turbos out there. How does the trask turbo sound in comparison with V-Mods? I'm debating getting a turbo for my '02, but not sure what I'll end up losing in sound. I love the sound of mine now. Any input is great, thanks.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Turbo is a REALLY EXPENSIVE muffler! :)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
kheer said:
A question for all you guys with turbos out there. How does the trask turbo sound in comparison with V-Mods? I'm debating getting a turbo for my '02, but not sure what I'll end up losing in sound. I love the sound of mine now. Any input is great, thanks.

Not sure if this will help...BUT I have a CFR Pipe, and it recorded at 118 decibals in Kansas City on the Dyno. Rob has a Trask Turbo, and his recorded at 117 decibals.

So....if you have heard a CFR, which is louder than V-Mods..the Turbo is more along those lines.

You shouldn't lose sound.

Not to mention, the Turbo is such, such a distinct sound! It sounds amazing!!!! I still like it when Rob flies past me and you head that "whooooosh". It's cool!

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a deep and throaty sound at all or completely different though?\

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
It really kinda growls-
The tone is different from any of the pipes plus you get the extra swooosh from the pop off valve, which is one of my favorite sounds.

There probably is a sound byte here in the forum.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
JSC said:
It really kinda growls-
The tone is different from any of the pipes plus you get the extra swooosh from the pop off valve, which is one of my favorite sounds.

There probably is a sound byte here in the forum.

Perfectly said above.

It's a deep, rumbly...gowling sound....and that swoooosh....it's awesome!

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, (and gal). I definetely agree with the layaway plan idea. Make this so much easier of a choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts