Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
I got a trask turbo on a 02 can not tell you much about it except you will love the power the bike had the turbo on it when I got it was put on by trask in Daytona I called them and ask them if they was any thing I should watch for because I had never had a turbo before They said to run around 5 lbs of boost and let it idle for a minute or two before shutting it off because that would get oil to the turbo and it would last for years unlike me bad thing about mine is my age every time I look at it I know I should sell it because it is for a younger person but I just like it to much.

·
Registered
684 Posts
first time I rode it I got a nice burn on my leg after that I had this lady make me a pad that I wrap around my leg and has three velcro elastic strips that holds it in place under my jeans she made it out of denim and in side of it she used heat resistance material like they use in kitchen pot holders she put two peaces in side and left the top open it worked good then I got the idea to slide a piece of aluminum foil in between the two and now I just get a small amount of heat once I used it I never ride with out it I just put it on and leave it on all day most of the time I forget that I have it on nice thing about it you can pull the foil out and throw it in the washing machine I use it all the time even when I ride my stock 03 it works grate I do not notice when I get my leg next to the pipe on it

·
Registered
786 Posts
first time I rode it I got a nice burn on my leg after that I had this lady make me a pad that I wrap around my leg and has three velcro elastic strips that holds it in place under my jeans she made it out of denim and in side of it she used heat resistance material like they use in kitchen pot holders she put two peaces in side and left the top open it worked good then I got the idea to slide a piece of aluminum foil in between the two and now I just get a small amount of heat once I used it I never ride with out it I just put it on and leave it on all day most of the time I forget that I have it on nice thing about it you can pull the foil out and throw it in the washing machine I use it all the time even when I ride my stock 03 it works grate I do not notice when I get my leg next to the pipe on it
I have to say, that is a terrible design if you need to basically heat barrier wrap your actual leg to use it.

I still think the turbo "kits" for the V-rod are race only items. The supercharger kits such as Holy-Moto? Street for sure. I'm not a fan of 1300 degree pipes near my skin. 3rd degree burns are not a joke.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
So you can have a Mad Max Turbo setup hanging off the bike for all to see that is easier on the engine off boost with great top end or an invisible supercharger that may not make as much top end power but does it all the time at lower and mid Rpm. It's all what you want to do and what you value in your ride. I see advantages to both but I lean to supercharger for torque and stealth, the V Twin is just hard to hide the Turbo - unlike some fours that put it in the chin fairing, super clean. Search the High Performance areas in the Forum here - plenty of discussion in the record to review -

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,957 Posts
I have the latest Sprintex Unit for sale.

pm me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.