Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I starting to like the idea of 160+ HP. :) Does anyone know if it will fit under my BPP airbox? It can't be any higher then the top of the airfilter (not including the plastic cover). Below is a pic with the flat airfilter cover that BPP provides. Do you think I have enough height to work with??

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Do these help at all? I'll bet that if you drew an accurate diagram with good dimensions and sent it to Nick he could give you a go or no go.

Good luck.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
akjitsu said:
Do these help at all? I'll bet that if you drew an accurate diagram with good dimensions and sent it to Nick he could give you a go or no go.

Good luck.

If you could put a staright edge across the top and measure down to the top of the frame it would give me a pretty good idea.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Send me your airbox an I'll test fit it... :)

ask around if anyone in your area is running a Trask Turbo. Very good chance that you can get together with someone...

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe this will help. I put a straight edge on the top of my airfilter and measured down to the top of the frame. At the back of the filter I have 3" and at the front I have about 2 7/8". Now there may be a little more to work with, but unless i get a flexible camera under the airbox when it's installed I really can't tell. If one of you guys with a Trask kit can do the same thing i should be able to get a pretty good idea if there's enough room for me to do this.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
If you could put a staright edge across the top and measure down to the top of the frame it would give me a pretty good idea.
Okey-dokey. As near as I can tell, from the top of the rear-most part of the cylindrical air plenum down to the top of the frame rail is 3 ¼”. From the top of that brass hose fitting atop the plenum it is 4.0” down to the rail. Those seem to be the most critical dimensions.

Good luck.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
akjitsu said:
Okey-dokey. As near as I can tell, from the top of the rear-most part of the cylindrical air plenum down to the top of the frame rail is 3 ¼”. From the top of that brass hose fitting atop the plenum it is 4.0” down to the rail. Those seem to be the most critical dimensions.

Good luck.

Thanks. That's really to close for me to call. I guess I'm going to have to see if anyone will let me test fit my airbox on their bike while im at the KC rally this year.

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
Mike,

After seeing Max's bike the other day, it looks like a full house in there. I think he had the DGD stuff too, but man-o-man that turbo is the only other mod I know I'd want.

How bout a different airbox - doing the turbo is the only way you're gonna beat me - otherwise I'll always :stac: on you!!!

Brad

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vrod-Brad said:
Mike,

After seeing Max's bike the other day, it looks like a full house in there. I think he had the DGD stuff too, but man-o-man that turbo is the only other mod I know I'd want.

How bout a different airbox - doing the turbo is the only way you're gonna beat me - otherwise I'll always :stac: on you!!!

Brad

A few months ago that may have been true, but now with 50lbs less fat on me I'm lighter then you. Plus we all know that Rineharts rob power, so maybe we will be even since I have a 240, but I'll always look better doing it. :stilpoke:

Changing my airbox is not an option. I realllllly like my airbox and I would rather spend more money doing a BB if that's what I have to do.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Mike I really think the trask plenum is much smaller then the stock air filter but I don't have an airbox like yours to try. I thought Roger was using one of yours but I don't know if he uses a trask plenum.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Max said:
Mike I really think the trask plenum is much smaller then the stock air filter but I don't have an airbox like yours to try. I thought Roger was using one of yours but I don't know if he uses a trask plenum.

Who is Roger?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Mike;

Why don't you just put your stock air box cover back on for a few days, ship your cool one to one of us who has a Trask setup, and have the question definitively answered?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Who is Roger?

Sorry I still give real names, Bad Attitude is Roger and a very nice guy. I think he is using the same airbox cover but not sure whose plenum he has since he has kind of a hybrid.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
akjitsu said:
Mike;

Why don't you just put your stock air box cover back on for a few days, ship your cool one to one of us who has a Trask setup, and have the question definitively answered?

I no longer have my stock parts. I sold the two tone anniversary set after I did my new paint. I wonder if anyone local to me has a Trask kit?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Max said:
Sorry I still give real names, Bad Attitude is Roger and a very nice guy. I think he is using the same airbox cover but not sure whose plenum he has since he has kind of a hybrid.

I looked in his gallery, but the only bike I see with a turbo has a JE illusions airbox and the turbo isn't a Trask.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you are using a byp box or a similar one from daytona custom works, itll fit with the cp turbo kit.

Seen it in person. Fits fine.

-Josh

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
projex240 said:
If you are using a byp box or a similar one from daytona custom works, itll fit with the cp turbo kit.

Seen it in person. Fits fine.

-Josh

That's good to hear. Is it someone from the forum that has it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts