Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I have a few serious questions that are going to directly effect my descision, I am starting a new thread. This should probably be an email to Nick, but I thought I'd mention this here as I may not be the only one.

I just noticed that the 08's have a Closed loop O2 sensor system. Don't know what it means but what does this mean for the Turbo kits and how long until one will be ready? A new exhaust manifold will be needed and of course new maps...

Also with the new slipper clutch and reduced pull...they reduced the springs form 5 to 4 and I imagine they are weaker...will this hold up to the extra power?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
So now that I have a few serious questions that are going to directly effect my descision, I am starting a new thread. This should probably be an email to Nick, but I thought I'd mention this here as I may not be the only one.

I just noticed that the 08's have a Closed loop O2 sensor system. Don't know what it means but what does this mean for the Turbo kits and how long until one will be ready? A new exhaust manifold will be needed and of course new maps...

Also with the new slipper clutch and reduced pull...they reduced the springs form 5 to 4 and I imagine they are weaker...will this hold up to the extra power?
Nick already makes a pipe with 02 sensors if you want one so that isn't an issue. I'm sure the map will come when Nick has a chance to get his hands on one the same as he did an 07 when then came out. The closed loop I'm afraid is probably going to be a narrow band sensor so don't expect huge things out of it as far as self tuning with the turbo.

Most likely those with the slipper clutch will be looking for new springs to beef them up and no doubt barnett and other clutch manufactures have already started working on clutchs to fit them.

·
STEALTH-ROD
63 Posts
Max said:
Nick already makes a pipe with 02 sensors if you want one so that isn't an issue. I'm sure the map will come when Nick has a chance to get his hands on one the same as he did an 07 when then came out. The closed loop I'm afraid is probably going to be a narrow band sensor so don't expect huge things out of it as far as self tuning with the turbo.

Most likely those with the slipper clutch will be looking for new springs to beef them up and no doubt barnett and other clutch manufactures have already started working on clutchs to fit them.
:them: I have o2 bungs in my trask headers on my 03 FLHRI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts