Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else here install a Task system on their 2007?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Nick did an install on one right after the bike was released. I didn't get to ride it but it was in Vegas last Nov at a show.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am fine now - bike is up and running - I was having problems getting the coolant overflow tank relocated. There was no way I was going to get my airbox closed (stock or JE) after relocating the coolant tank. It was in correctly as I verified from pictures of DX install. I had a custom one made so I can keep everything tidy under the box (had minor glitch so they are repairing); but, I wanted to get running ASAP so i bought an extra tank. I tried everything and the only solution was to use a heat gun to indent the tank about 1/4 inch where the airbox mount (on the airbox) resides (this actually extends the recess in the tank that is already there for stock location). I tried a lot of force and it was way too much for me to be comfortable so I had to go the heat gun route.

·
Registered
964 Posts
RODent said:
I am fine now - bike is up and running - I was having problems getting the coolant overflow tank relocated. There was no way I was going to get my airbox closed (stock or JE) after relocating the coolant tank. It was in correctly as I verified from pictures of DX install. I had a custom one made so I can keep everything tidy under the box (had minor glitch so they are repairing); but, I wanted to get running ASAP so i bought an extra tank. I tried everything and the only solution was to use a heat gun to indent the tank about 1/4 inch where the airbox mount (on the airbox) resides (this actually extends the recess in the tank that is already there for stock location). I tried a lot of force and it was way too much for me to be comfortable so I had to go the heat gun route.
I am getting ready to install the turbo on my 07 dx....will probably do it this weekend.

Not sure I understand your post....does it not work without some sort of mod on the 07?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vesteroid said:
I am getting ready to install the turbo on my 07 dx....will probably do it this weekend.

Not sure I understand your post....does it not work without some sort of mod on the 07?
Not sure why but relocating the coolant tank on my bike had issues - I could not close the airbox down to tighten the airbox bolt. The coolant tank is indented near the airbox mount on the frame. When you move the coolant tank back the 1 inch or so and try to put the airbox cover on, the airbox bracket (on the airbox) that attaches it to the frame (using the bolt) would hit the coolant tank on my bike - it could be closed with a lot of force (making the coolant tank bend) but it was way too much force for my liking... You'll probably be OK.

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
You actually have to move the tank and not the filler neck on the 07?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JSC said:
You actually have to move the tank and not the filler neck on the 07?
Both. The filler neck moves about 4 inches forward on the bike and the coolant tank back about 1 inch. Not a big deal - I just had issues with the airbox closing...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've never smoked crack, but certainly understand how addicting it must be... after getting NOS, I want MORE POWER!!!! hahahaha....

I cant afford it anytime soon, but can you run NOS and a Turbo at the same time?

·
Registered
964 Posts
RODent said:

Ok I am trying to do my install right now on my 07 DX and my instructions must be for the 06 and previous. they show nothing in the coolant take relo but show the fuse box.

does anyone have the updated instructions they could send me..I looked on nicks site and dont see anything.

Little help please :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vesteroid said:
Ok I am trying to do my install right now on my 07 DX and my instructions must be for the 06 and previous. they show nothing in the coolant take relo but show the fuse box.

does anyone have the updated instructions they could send me..I looked on nicks site and dont see anything.

Little help please :)
Mark I wasn't sure the tank even needed to be moved. Nick and Ron are gone for the weekend now and they don't have the install anyplace I know of. I was looking at rspencers last night because we are getting ready to install one in his but I wasn't sure the coolant tank even needed to be moved.

·
Registered
964 Posts
sure does max. The 90 degree hose coming off the plenum hits square in it...in fact the coolant tank is almost flush with the fitting on the plenum when the plenum is installed on the throttle body.

I see something about moving it back an inch (seems like it needs more than that to me...but thats listed here in ro dents post nothing in the instructions.

Any ideas?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
vesteroid said:
sure does max. The 90 degree hose coming off the plenum hits square in it...in fact the coolant tank is almost flush with the fitting on the plenum when the plenum is installed on the throttle body.

I see something about moving it back an inch (seems like it needs more than that to me...but thats listed here in ro dents post nothing in the instructions.

Any ideas?

No but there are several 07's running the system so maybe one of them will post a picture. I saw one in vegas installed but didn't realize the tank was even moved.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm here... I'm here... to help. Yes it must be moved on 2007. You move the wire harness out from under the airbox clamp (where airbox is screwed down), lift the tank out, remove the tube entering the coolant tank, place the tank pins that it mounts with just behind the coolant tank mount, use a longer hose to conenct the tank to the coolant line where the coolant pressure cap is. I can scan instructions for you but they are useless other than lifting the tank and moveing back on the bike. I can PM my number also if you need help...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts