Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys that have put a boost gauge on you CP kit seeing for max boost?
I have an adjustable wastegate actuator on mine. It was not preset correctly unless 5.5lbs boost is correct.
I adjusted it up to 7.5 lbs and my 7000k rpm stumble/stutter is now gone. It accelerates hard to 7.5psi, maybe a c hair more and flutters until I shift then the boost drops and builds up again.

I own an airport and just made a few 3 gear passes down the runway. It runs much better and pulled the front end shifting to 2nd.:D

Now to figure what is the safe level to run it with the CP provided map.

cruizer

·
MISSISSIPPI KID
1,350 Posts
Mine hits about 8.5 to 9 lbs!

Hey Cruizer, I have the Trask boost gauge and mine hit almost 9 lbs when in full boost until I let off! Never exceeding 12 secs!:D jeb

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
cruizer said:
What are you guys that have put a boost gauge on you CP kit seeing for max boost?
I have an adjustable wastegate actuator on mine. It was not preset correctly unless 5.5lbs boost is correct.
I adjusted it up to 7.5 lbs and my 7000k rpm stumble/stutter is now gone. It accelerates hard to 7.5psi, maybe a c hair more and flutters until I shift then the boost drops and builds up again.

I own an airport and just made a few 3 gear passes down the runway. It runs much better and pulled the front end shifting to 2nd.:D

Now to figure what is the safe level to run it with the CP provided map.

cruizer
Wait till you feel 20lbs of Boost:angeldev:!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
JEBSTER50 said:
Hey Cruizer, I have the Trask boost gauge and mine hit almost 9 lbs when in full boost until I let off! Never exceeding 12 secs!:D jeb
:them:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
cruizer said:
sounds good I'll be in Vegas the first week of september.

:D
I'm praying to be racing at Bonneville September 3rd-6th for BUB International Motorcycle speed trials.

If Not ready by then i'll be Home crying my little Heart out:sad: !

I do need a LEGAL Place to do some Practice runs ,How far is your strip from LV?:confused:

Maybe I can come out before THE RACE, and do a little testing?:wazzup:

I'd Gladly let you pee your Pants taking it for a Little spin down your Air Strip:angeldev: !

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts