Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my Trask install today and had the following observations - wondering what everyone else did, etc.

1. Had to shorted the oil drain line - about 1" too long.
2. One exhaust and one intake bolt had near impossible access to the head to tighten. Had to make a custom allen wrench.
3. The instructions could be a lot better.
4. The air sensor really did not fit inside the air filter hole. Had to remove the o-ring and spread the clips a little more before inserting.
5. Did I say the instructions could be a whole lot better? Better pics, better procedures. Like spread some hi-temp silicone, mount the turbo to the exhaust pipe, then install the support bracket. How about install the support bracket first, etc.
6. Now if I could only find that 7/32 vacuum hose... Hmmm. Not in the box.
7. This system looks way cool - can't wait to ride it next week on the bikes maiden journey...

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
RODent said:
Uh... Looks like a Trask Turbo system... :D
I wanted to see pics of your bike with all the rest of the mods on it.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I too had a bit of a hard time with some of the kit. Thanks to Nick and Max, and now that I have had it off and back on twice...I'd say in all this is a damn good kit. If you are having trouble getting to a bolt, you are going at the wrong angle, using the wrong tool, or have something ligned up wrong. We all have the same kit and all bolts are tight, just after trying 20 diff ways to get to stuff... If you really have a bolt that you cannot get to or are missing a part, take pictures of the problem, or post what is missing - You will get help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts