Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am here in the PA and we are having the hottest and most humid summer in years, I have noticed that when it is really hot and humid that My boost gauge reads like 1/2 pound less on boost, I got to believ this is normal due to the fact the air is really moist and low on oxygen, am I write in this? does it affect them like an asperated motor in the heat, let me know Brett

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
My bike always seems to run better in cooler temps, I think that is a fact based on the oxygen being more combustable when cool. Not sure if that helps, but when it is 110 in az my bike does not have the same snap as when it is cooler, but I don't think that is just on turbos.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbo

Yeah I have drag raced bikes for years and the really slow up in the heat due to lack of oxygen and water grains are way up, I did not know if that also effects the boost as well, common sence says it will but I put it out there to see,

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
the air is less dense. What you really should be concerned about is CFM not so much your boost as long as your not over boosting.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
I get quite a variance of boost, related to air temps but i also have a manual boost controller that seemed to enhance the problem a bit more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts