Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Trask turbo on my 2004 vrscb but I can't get it to idle. When I put the map into my t-max tuner I am asked if my bike has compression relief.

So does it?

Also should I roll back the boost?

Thanks

·
The Hawk
3,919 Posts
Yes it does.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The VRSC DOES NOT HAVE ACR's
(ELECTRONIC AUTOMATIC COMPRESSION RELEASE)
ACR is electronic controlled on the air cooled Harley. So on the V-ROD, the T-max prompt is NO When asked in the software about ACR.
I know I run a T-MAX.
I don't know what you mean by roll back the boost. Make sure your setting in the software is enabled for your boosted application.

·
The Hawk
3,919 Posts
They do have a mechanical compression release. It's built on to the ends of the exhaust cams and works at low speed when starting the engine. The 1250 engines don't have it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
All the T max is asking about is the electronic ones to turn on the software to enable the electronic one. The VRSC DOES NOT HAVE ELECTRONIC COMPRESSION RELEASES. PERIOD
All 1130cc and 1250cc before 2008 models had the mechanical compression release exhaust cams.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The VRSC DOES NOT HAVE ACR's
(ELECTRONIC AUTOMATIC COMPRESSION RELEASE)
ACR is electronic controlled on the air cooled Harley. So on the V-ROD, the T-max prompt is NO When asked in the software about ACR.
I know I run a T-MAX.
I don't know what you mean by roll back the boost. Make sure your setting in the software is enabled for your boosted application.
I meant lowering from 8 pounds boost to 4ish

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,957 Posts
You are sucking air, make sure you are all the way down on boots.
Push down on plenum with it running and see what it does.
trask kits are set for 8lbs and that is all. there is no adjusting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will make sure on the plenum and check for other vacuum leaks thanks.

I hear of people lowing their boost to 4psi and raising it to 10 (with 9:1 compression)... how if Trask kits are not adjustable? I thought it was a just a matter of lengthening or shortening the rod at the wastegate?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,957 Posts
Trask kit come with a 8lb set-up.
So if you want to put a boost controller on it, Nothing says you cannot do it.
I think it would be a waste of money to go low compression, if you do I got some new cheap pistons for sale.
These motor can handle up to 200 hp pretty good. If you want to go higher the you'll need to get a different bike.

Not being a smart ass, I blew my motor up 4 times, so do not be me and save your money.
Yes you can go over 200hp. I will tell you now that you need deep pockets to keep it fresh and running.
These turbo's produce a lot of heat. Heat will eat up your pistons real fast.
I can not get the rings out of the lands on mine on the last bang.

talk is cheap....just adjust the rod, ask them to do it and see what they say.
You can do this on trask kit.
It does not take much to warp your heads with oil running down the side of the motor.

good luck

out
rsc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts