Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just out riding and not far from home thank god. The bike started clicking while in gear and clutch in while rolling to a stop. Started to head home and was Idling at the last light in neutral. Went to take off Shifted into first and let out on the clutch and nothing. Had to push her home. BOOO. So what would cause this? Now it is leaking a little oil from the output shaft. I can feel it engaging from gear to gear inside the transmission but nothing is happening at the output. HELP

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is nothing electrical inside the transmission. I'm pretty sure I'm outside the warranty on this thing but I'll call harley when they open up and have them check. Plus I'll grill the service tech too. I'm bummed. I'm at 9900 miles so I drained the oil because an oil change is due and I could check for metal on the magnetic plug and there was none. Stumped

Sent from my EVO 4g

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm outside the warranty on this thing but I'll call harley when they open up and have them check. Plus I'll grill the service tech too. I'm bummed. I'm at 9900 miles so I drained the oil because an oil change is due and I could check for metal on the magnetic plug and there was none. Stumped

Sent from my EVO 4g
At 9900 miles I find it hard to believe that you are outside the warranty period. And even if for some reason it is. You need to write a letter to HD and bitch like a little girl. I had a problem a few years ago with my clutch and they pushed back about repairing it under warranty. After my letter explained the number people that I can reach out to on this forum they fixed it!

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it went out of warranty in march on the 19th

Sent from my EVO 4g

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got ahold of harley cust serv and they said they would honor it if it is something not caused by me. They (cust serv) will work with the tech on a resolution. They will pick it up and diagnose it on tuesday.

Sent from my EVO 4g

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The first thing they are going to check is the rear tire to see if you have be doing burn outs. They will also look for rubber under the rear fender as well. Just take some time and clean the bike like it was going to be in a show.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
The first thing they are going to check is the rear tire to see if you have be doing burn outs. They will also look for rubber under the rear fender as well. Just take some time and clean the bike like it was going to be in a show.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Interesting point...........

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Under Table 31 in the VRSC Manual. EXCLUSIONS: The warranty will not apply to ANY motorcycle as follows.

1. Has not been operated or maintained as specified in the the owners manual.

2. Has been Abused, Misused, Altered outside the original factory specifications, improperly stored or used "off the highway", for racing or competition of any kind.

Evidence of burn outs constitutes excessive wear and tear beyond what the transmission would be subjected to under normal riding conditions.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahaha. Thats the only burnout I have ever done lol. Hehe they don't know about it yet so lets just shh oh kay? Lol

Sent from my EVO 4g

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:banghead:

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Harley will be picking up the bike today for diagnostic. Once I know whats up I will Let everyone else know. I also will decide if I am going to fix the bike or if Harley will warranty it. If I have to fix it It looks like I will be buying the service manual and using Harley for hunting down the parts Or finding a decent metric shop. :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
112 Posts
sounds to me like something came loose inside.
Fell off and you might have been lucky it did not get munched up in something else.

I bet it's a real simple fix - they just need to get in there.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts