Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the process of removing 2nd gear on the transmission input shaft in preparation for the V&H 2nd gear update, I managed to crack a slider ring. When I went to find that part number for the part, I discovered that it was not sold by itself and I would have to order the entire input shaft assembly (nearly $500).

So, if someone has a broken input shaft assembly with that part intact or even a further longshot, that part alone, please shoot me a PM with a price.

THe part I need is pictured below alone with the exploded view from that parts book with the part circled in red.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
You forgot me! I will check I have few trashed shafts. Lou probably has this!

PAGING Sweet Lou to the white courtesy phone!

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I'll take a look at what's salvagable from my trans when I get home from work...

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark at R&D had them in stock! Turns out that is a part that breaks in the Destroyers so he has been making replacements. He is shipping me out one today.

Thanks everyone!

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Mark at R&D had them in stock! Turns out that is a part that breaks in the Destroyers so he has been making replacements. He is shipping me out one today.

Thanks everyone!
Frank I knew that, but unfortunately I'm not on your list. :)

R&D Motorsports, highly recommended for what ails your transmission.

·
Frank
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frank I knew that, but unfortunately I'm not on your list. :)

R&D Motorsports, highly recommended for what ails your transmission.
You are on my list, trust me on that one! Not saying what list.:stilpoke:

I knew R&D reworked the transmissions, but until I talked to Mark, I did not know that he has to replace the same part on many of the Destroyers due to failure of the ones that came from the factory. I really lucked out on this one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts