Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any advice on trailers suitable for the V-Rod? I was looking at the KENDON and the ROCKET Trailers but not sure if they are really solid enough. Would rather pay a few extra bucks and get something solid - maybe buy the two bike trailer and put the single axle rail in it. What are the opinions?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had a Kendon for about 4 years, sold it when I got a truck. Excellent trailer! My only complait was that mine was the single bike model. When I rode the bike up on the trailer ther was no place for the kickstand to meet the floor so loading it was a 2 person job. I thought about bolting a square piece of aluminum deck plate to the floor to extend it over but never did, that would have solved the problem. The 2 place trailer would have been fine when loading a bike on the left side.
Kendon trailers do handle great! I trailerd everthing from Electra Glides to dirt bikes with mine. I had a 99 Camaro SS that I used as a tow vehicle. I made some really fast trips from Illinois to Sturgis, I'm talking 10 hours for 900 miles, You'd never know the trailer is back there if you don't look in the mirrors! If and when I buy another trailer, it be another Kendon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jlbait,
I was just looking at the KENDON website (www.kendontrailers.com) and notice that the 2004 trailer seems to have floor that would catch the kickstand. Is this different from your model?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a new Kendon single trailer for $1950.00. It does have have a floor. Very well built piece of equipment.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Kit said:
I just bought a new Kendon single trailer for $1950.00. It does have it does have a floor. Very well built piece of equipment.
I was trying to describe how the floor is diamond shaped. The way it is with a bike on the trailer if you put the kickstand down, their is nothing but air under it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think the new kendon trailers have the quick capture wheel cholks on them now don't they? Meaning you ride the bike up and into the chock which then locks the bike upright. My neighbor just bought the newest 2 up trailer that has that feature. FWIW he had the single for years and loaned it to many people, including me to pick up a 750# Valkyrie that was 9 hrs away. No problems at all GREAT TRAILER. I just saw an ad for a trailer called the Dragon sled http://www.dragontrailers.com/ Looks rather interesting and a bit more protection then the Kendon.

jlbait said:
I had a Kendon for about 4 years, sold it when I got a truck. Excellent trailer! My only complait was that mine was the single bike model. When I rode the bike up on the trailer ther was no place for the kickstand to meet the floor so loading it was a 2 person job. I thought about bolting a square piece of aluminum deck plate to the floor to extend it over but never did, that would have solved the problem. The 2 place trailer would have been fine when loading a bike on the left side.
Kendon trailers do handle great! I trailerd everthing from Electra Glides to dirt bikes with mine. I had a 99 Camaro SS that I used as a tow vehicle. I made some really fast trips from Illinois to Sturgis, I'm talking 10 hours for 900 miles, You'd never know the trailer is back there if you don't look in the mirrors! If and when I buy another trailer, it be another Kendon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked out the Dragon trailer. It looks very nice but I guess the big advantage with the Kendon is that it stores away very easily with its 'Fold Up, Stand Up' feature.

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
I thought about buying the 2-bike Kendon trailer, but I only trailer my bike once or twice a year (Sturgis/Daytona). It's much cheaper to just rent the U-Haul bike trailer they have for $12/day. This way I also don't have to worry about storing a trailer when not in use.

·
4,638 Posts
Haulmark Trailers make two different enclosed trailers especialy for Motorcycles good quality and the price is not that bad ......

Attachments

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Just got back from New Orleans, where I trailed the v-Rod on my Kendon. That makes about 6000 miles I have trailed the V-Rod on the Kendon. Self supporting when loading (I have never had help loading, vary light, and stores super. When loaded, the bike can be moved by one person - about 20 lbs tongue weight. They make a front shield that might keep things cleaner..... (I like displaying the bike when traveling - JMHO)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kendon owners,

I've been looking at the Kendon and was wondering if a low bike like the V-Rod "high-centers" or drags its underbelly on the trailer when going up the short ramp.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
No dragging with the Kendon. Done it a dozen times. I am attached to an SUV, though, and the rear of the loaded trailer is fairly low. I guess there could be a problem if the trailet hitch was lower...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts