Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys -

Not sure of anyone in the NJ/PA area has anything going on this Saturday, but Williams Harley Davidson on Route 22 West in Lebanon, New Jersey is having a Toy Run to the Childrens Hospital in Mountainside, NJ tomorrow, 12/4.

Registration is 10:30am and the ride leaves at 11:30am from Williams.

Cost is $20 per rider, and $15 if you bring a toy. They've asked that if you do bring a toy, it's preferred that it's something simple such as a puzzle or stuffed animal.

It's supposed to be around 44 degrees on Saturday, so a chilly day for a ride, but it's for a good cause. Guess I'll be wearing the heated vest for sure :)

Steve

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Williams Toy Run - After Ride Report

Thought I'd post a after ride report :)

The ride was pretty good. Though the temp didn't get above 38 degrees, so it was a little chilly. The ride was about 25 miles to a Children's Hospital in Mountainside NJ. A little riding on Route 22 then off on back roads all the way over. Part of the ride went through the Watchung Reservation, real nice two lane road with some twisty parts at the top of the ridge.

The ride had about 30 bikes, all Harleys except for 2, my friends ST1300 and a Goldwing. The truck and trailer from the dealer had the box of toys for the kids. I was the only VROD though.

Once we got to the hospital, the staff gave us a brief description of the kids there, of which there at about 48 that are permanently residing at the hospital. They were very grateful for our ride out and the toys.

I ended up stopping at my friends house on the way back to my garage, so I ended up doing about 100 miles.

They have the run twice a year, in July and this one.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts