Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recent feedback on this exhaust.
I have a 2012 muscle and I love the looks.
Seems like a lot of the older feedback was kinda negative.

How's the quality?
What's performance differences?
Seems like people loose hp?!

Thanks!

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
Looking for some recent feedback on this exhaust.
I have a 2012 muscle and I love the looks.
Seems like a lot of the older feedback was kinda negative.

How's the quality?
What's performance differences?
Seems like people loose hp?!

Thanks!
Any exhaust system that doesn't have some kind of cross over and some amount of back pressure will have great adverse effects on the performance of the motor.So either slip-ons or 2 into 1 both with baffles. I went with slip-ons because I really like the look of the dual exhaust.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had the pipes for a while. Liked the sound and look. But the torque down low suffers, but it seemed to pick up a little up top.

The way they are mounted to the bike is terrible. It is a rigid mount system so any and all vibration from the engine is transferred into the frame and magnified. It attaches on the top retainer bolt for the pivot shaft/engine mount so in my case it didn't fit at all like the instructions said it would. It rubbed the paint away and some of the metal on the retainer. Looks terrible now that I have put a proper exhaust on the bike. I also could never get the rear pipe to line up and fit into the exhaust opening to get a proper seal so it leaked until I took them off.

Like I said earlier they do look cool and sound good, but after that it goes down hill. For me the negatives having had the pipes don't out weigh the positives. I like things to fit and work and look good while doing it. These did not do that for me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
And this started happening shortly after installation since it is impossible to get a wrench on the studs without rubbing the pipe while installing them. Some it is also from getting the clip over the pipe to hold the flange.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummer, I would prefer a full exhaust to slip ons, but I might have to stick with tabs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, thanks for letting us know - I was also looking at getting a set of these for my new baby - might have to look elsewhere now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts