Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
09 V-Rod Muscle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm about to purchase the VLux Pipes from Toxic Inc for my 09 VRSCF. Any thoughts or opinions? thanks in advance :)

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Nobody? I am looking at those too. Does noone have them installed? Srojas did you get yours yet? How do they sound?

·
09 V-Rod Muscle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No response from anyone yet but I went ahead and ordered them as I have not read anything neg. on them. I should be receiving them sometime next week and will post comments, video and pics once installed.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
Good deal man, I've read around a little sounds like they have great sound...even to loud for some. Which makes me happy because I want them to be raunchy loud! I saw an older add about them rusting, but there site said they are coated with an anti corrosion or something now. STB for pics!

·
09 V-Rod Muscle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did see that post about the rusting...I am hoping that is not the case w mine. I also got the ceramic coated ones so hope that also makes them better if anything. On the loudness they do seem loud but I also ordered the flow 5 baffles to quiet them down a bit. I am super excited man can wait to have them put on.

·
09 V-Rod Muscle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. Getting them installed professionally. Don't want to risk screwing something up. :/

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine leak because they don't fit quite right. and the rear cylinder shoots a huge flame out which has left a burnt brown spot on the swingarm. Other than they sound awesome!

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
with all that negative press I would see if they had a return policy!

go for a better company like tabs or vance and hines.

They only have slipon's and the competition ones are huge....Don't like them at all.

·
09 V-Rod Muscle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sucks that no one spoke up b4 i placed the ord....I would have def thought twice about it. Everything arrives by Monday. I am taking the bike in for the install but will ask the shop to really check into the fit. If anything seems off they are going righ back.

·
Ride hard die hard
243 Posts
I'm sure you will be ok, seems to be alot of pics of people running those pipes.

·
2009 VRod Muscle
29 Posts
V-Lux Owner

I've got the Toxic V-Lux on my 09 Muscle and I couldn't be happier! I got the Steel pipes with "Titanium" ceramic finish (which is supposed to prevent rust) with gloss black heat shields. I installed them myself last fall and it took a little massaging to get the pipes to fit perfectly without any exhaust leaks. I wrapped and sealed the headers leading up to the heat shields before I installed them and it looks great. I didn't get the passenger exhaust mounts because they weren't available at the time I ordered my exhaust but I ended up just inverting the exhaust mounts on the right side to get the exhaust to fit. I also re-tapped the temp sensor mounts and plugged them because I don't need them now.
My bike is still in storage at the moment but I should get it out and take some pics and clips.
If you get off on the bad-ass factor then this is the set up you want!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts