Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my eye on a set of the Toxic V-Lux pipes (black). Anyone that has these, or has ridden a bike with them, do you think that the heat shields are necessary?

Coming up with the money for the pipes and baffles is going to be hard enough.

I don't really want this to get into a "their cheats and their product sucks" thread. That's already been covered, and I"ve read the threads.

Thanks. And in anyone is interested in a soul to buy, mine is for sale for about $575 (pipes and baffles). :D

·
Personal Fabricator
62 Posts
my take

my exhaust story any OPINION.....
I started with a CFR slip on then went to the toxic turbine back to the CFR and now with toxic big rigs.
CFR has been covered and approved all over the board with a million Power commander maps available . I liked the sound/power but it was just a slip on and wasnt a custom exhaust.

Toxic Turbine was ceramic coated but I had to wrap it due to discoloration after about a week, power was okay but down from the CFR and sound with the small baffle was about the same as the CFR, without the baffle it was better sounding but I never found a map to get it running right. I ditched it due to fear the heat would ruin my arnott air shocks, heat also discolored my swingarm.

Toxic Big Rigs also discolored and I also wrapped it. I finally got a decent map with baffles but havent found a good one without baffles. I think the power is up from the CFR and the look and sound while not louder is raspier.

Bottom line I think the look and sound of the toxic pipes is among the best and If you get the bike Dyno'd right after install you may avoid the discoloration although that's just a thought on my part.
As a welder Id say the bungs could be done better but that's just my finickiness.
The included maps are less than desirable and you may have to really search to find what runs OK but a dyno is really the best bet. (although IM cheaping out myself for the time being)

I love em though, check out my images

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about passenger foot pegs? I've got an 04a. The pegs mount on the swing arm. It looks like they'll still fold down on all 3 exhausts. But with a foot sticking forward, will the foot touch the pipe?

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
No clue, as mine is an 08, so contact toxic, also find them on facebook and add them as a friend. They have a ton of pics, with a lot of custom jobs.

He will be able to answer your questions about foot placement and what not. Also the custom jobs he has done pictured could assist you in an adjustment or change of idea to have a truly custom version of pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts