Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, and I love reading just about everything on here! So much info... the question is as follows. I bought the big rig exhaust, and would like to run it w/o baffles. Do u think I will need torque cones to give it some back pressure? Or will it run ok if I just get it tuned w/o the cones and just run straight pipes? Thank u guys, I know u have the answer I need!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
You're going to want to do something to get some back pressure. Either a "lolli-washer" or torque cones. Maybe even Both!?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. From some of the other posts, it sounds like I might want a baffle in them... I guess they are way to loud w/o them. I want to test it out first before buying the baffles. Ordering some torque cones in a little bit. Hope the neighbors don't get to pissed at me coming and going!

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Thanks. From some of the other posts, it sounds like I might want a baffle in them... I guess they are way to loud w/o them. I want to test it out first before buying the baffles. Ordering some torque cones in a little bit. Hope the neighbors don't get to pissed at me coming and going!
They're loud......Your neighbors will hate you, alright.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 03, and run topless with a pc3. In the low rpm range 3k it hesitates, misses, and runs like a bitch sometimes. Since I'm planning on putting the big rig pipes on soon as the torque cones come in. I thought I would try drilling holes in the end of the stock muffler. I read many of our members have done this, so why not give it a try. Quick and easy mod! It made my bike run so great! The thought crossed my mind that I like the performance I haven't felt on the low rpm range in so long I might sell the toxic pipes. Then thought, nope still gonna do it. But for any of u that don't have extra pipes laying around do this. I wish I had done this years ago. One thing is I only had a quarter inch bit instead of half. Thinking of buying a half and making the holes larger. I read put max of 8 holes. So it put 4 in each pipe. I can't wait to ride the bike into work tonight!!!! Running great

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm am running the Toxic Big Rig on my 04B. I had no baffles in and I can say that they are WAY to loud. I bought the baffles for them and now they are just right.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too... I just put an order in for the flow 9. More waiting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts