Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, I'm not ever getting rid of this VROD, Wingloader! I did that once. Not happening again. I have it just about where I want it. If anything, I'll add one. Yes, I installed an Unlimited Engineering 5.2 gal tank in it. It was well worth the purchase price, not to have to look for fuel every 80 to 100 miles. The windshield is worth it's weight in gold. But it still won't prevent the occasional June-bug in the forehead. Even with a full face helmet on. At some point you're gonna open the shield and WHAM! Welp on the forehead time. LOL! As for the helmet thing. I never ride with a skid lid. I look much cooler with all of my face attached. I grew up wearing helmets for racing. So I'm more comfortable in them. People should have that choice I believe. I choose to wear a good helmet. 3/4 minimum. In play mode. It's full face. I wouldn't worry about fitting in or looking a certain part. You bought the bike for you. Who cares what anyone else thinks about it? Just have fun with it at your own pace. In your own way.
wise words.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Metzeler Cruisetec's great dual rubber compound rear tire - the middle strip wears much better than the middle of the Avon's for touring yet the softer shoulder hangs in the turns - great in the rain. I've worn many Avons out on my R - when worn the rear always looked like a tabletop jump - the left and right shoulder's were ramps and flat in between - no longer rounded, but mortally wounded. Front Avon tires no issues yet for me, haven't tried Metzelers on the front yet I hope they are as good as their rear tire is. (y):cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, I'm not ever getting rid of this VROD, Wingloader! I did that once. Not happening again. I have it just about where I want it. If anything, I'll add one. Yes, I installed an Unlimited Engineering 5.2 gal tank in it. It was well worth the purchase price, not to have to look for fuel every 80 to 100 miles. The windshield is worth it's weight in gold. But it still won't prevent the occasional June-bug in the forehead. Even with a full face helmet on. At some point you're gonna open the shield and WHAM! Welp on the forehead time. LOL! As for the helmet thing. I never ride with a skid lid. I look much cooler with all of my face attached. I grew up wearing helmets for racing. So I'm more comfortable in them. People should have that choice I believe. I choose to wear a good helmet. 3/4 minimum. In play mode. It's full face. I wouldn't worry about fitting in or looking a certain part. You bought the bike for you. Who cares what anyone else thinks about it? Just have fun with it at your own pace. In your own way.
What windshield and brackets are those?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ya hhave the vrsca? with the small 3.7 gal. tank? how'd that work out on the trip? obtw nice bike!!!
It was really great on the trip there and back while running on the interstates. I usually stopped at 140 to 150 miles for fuel. Always had a little to spare too. You get crazy good mileage riding around the mountains. Not as big of a deal there. You will usually stop for a break well before needing fuel. Thanks for the good words. The early A models have been my favorite since I first saw them at Sturgis in 2002. 7 months later. I had my first one.

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
186 Posts
Can't believe I missed this post. :) I love touring on my Night Rod great thread nice to see so many people like these as TOURING BIKES. I don't have a windshield, but I have been looking at them. :) And yes not to mention how fun it is to eat up a SSE 131 on the road. Then have them say mine is running a little off. LOL A LITTLE? The best place to DESTROY them is any steep grade. These bikes will climb any mountain over 130 mph. :) Not that I would ever drive over the speed limit. LOL

My last trip just coming down out of the snow leaving Colorado.
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Highland

Cloud Sky Plant Road surface Natural landscape

I'm in California & Tennessee, on my way to Tennessee for good.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
what driver foot boards do ya have. do they tend to loosen nad rotate from vibrations or not. pegs get tiresome.
They are the HD Mini floorboards. They have splines for adjusting the angle and keep them from spinning. They have never loosened. I do have them on reduced reach adapters. Really makes for a more comfortable and relaxed ride. Even with a 32inch inseam I have lots of bend in my knees You don't constantly fight your feet being blown off the pegs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They are the HD Mini floorboards. They have splines for adjusting the angle and keep them from spinning. They have never loosened. I do have them on reduced reach adapters. Really makes for a more comfortable and relaxed ride. Even with a 32inch inseam I have lots of bend in my knees You don't constantly fight your feet being blown off the pegs.
thats good to know. i will check into getting a pair. i had a bmc chopper where my feet were all the time being blown off the pegs. i think part of the reason was they were extended so far forward, plus being just pegs of course. thanks for the info.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts