Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok baggers..i see a few with the leather or vinyl tour packs mounted.. how? what was used and what part numbers...i'm looking to go with h-d#53690-06 on page 420 in the 2008 catalog. which is the smooth vinyl tour pack. i'll have to get pics out on mine, but i mounted the street glide batwing, inner with am/fm/cd player. i use my ipod, mounted on a bracket i created, attached on the left handlebar. the vinyl rigid saddlebags, full faring bra, airbox bra, l.e.d. illuminated chrome windshield trim, illuminated mirrors. but as soon as i get pics together i will post em in here..:wazzup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tour Pack

I use the same tour pack as Daniii and have had no problems. I use the same installation with the V-ROD rack. I orignally had the tour pack on a heritage springer. I find I can fit a slim bag on the passenger seat in front of the tour pack, but need to make sure I can still open the seat for gas. I have seen no load issues and have considered putting a rack on the pack so I can carry a tent to Sturgis.

SteveO

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
While we are on the topic of tour packs, can the passenger back rest on yours, Daniii and SteveO be removed without making the pack look as if something is missing?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
While we are on the topic of tour packs, can the passenger back rest on yours, Daniii and SteveO be removed without making the pack look as if something is missing?
Dunno. I'll look at it tonight. I believe it leaves some screw holes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts