Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I spit Hot Fire!!
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know the TOTAL COST of the SERT and the K&N filter. I just want to know what you guys paid for the whole deal. I'm thinking of doing the v-mod. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I know you want the SERT... But I did the PCIII and the SE Filter and it was 265.00 for the PCIII and it was 59.99 for the SE Filter. I got the vmod pipes for free from unloveable85 he was awsome... I just put the SE Filter in tonight and went topless with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
SERT $459.00 - 20% ($92.00) for all phone orders to Chicago HD = $367.00 no tax for out of state orders.

SE or K&N Air Filter - all over E-Bay for $45.00 I think their about $69.00 from HD, or just add it to your Chicago HD order for 20% off.

SERT - the only way to go. It's the only race tuner that changes your internal computer codes to match your new setting requirments and can be reprogramed over and over as needed.
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
Let's not forget the hundreds of dollars you will drop with dyno tuners before you give up and find one of the very few in this country that know how to tune the bike OR buy a DTT TwinScan2+ and do it yourself.

The true TCO of a Race Tuner is close to $800 and the PCIII isn't that much cheaper, maybe $650 if your tuner knows his ass from a hole in the ground.
 

·
I spit Hot Fire!!
Joined
·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speak to me concerning this DTT Twinscan tuner. What it is and where do I buy?
 

·
I'm Bored
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
spanman said:
SERT - the only way to go. It's the only race tuner that changes your internal computer codes to match your new setting requirments and can be reprogramed over and over as needed.
:bs: :bs: :bs:

SERT is overkill for typical pipes, topless, K&N application. Don't believe the hype.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Maybe i'm just lucky to have a great mechanic on my side. But he made it look easy when installing the hardware and programing the SERT right on his laptop. The laptop application allows you to perform several diagnostic test, like a mini dyno tune right on the computer screen complete with printout. All I know is the motor runs fast, strong and clean. I really have no need to have the bike dynoed. And one day when I feel the need to rebuild with more HP that same SERT will be re-programed at no additional cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts

·
1 Person Biker Gang
Joined
·
287 Posts
Vaders Rod said:
Speak to me concerning this DTT Twinscan tuner. What it is and where do I buy?
www.daytona-twintec.com Vader this is a great tuning device if you have good to average computer skills.
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
spanman said:
Maybe i'm just lucky to have a great mechanic on my side. But he made it look easy when installing the hardware and programing the SERT right on his laptop. The laptop application allows you to perform several diagnostic test, like a mini dyno tune right on the computer screen complete with printout. All I know is the motor runs fast, strong and clean. I really have no need to have the bike dynoed. And one day when I feel the need to rebuild with more HP that same SERT will be re-programed at no additional cost.
Unless you have something to measure the AFR you have no way of knowing whether the tune is correct or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Spaz said:
Unless you have something to measure the AFR you have no way of knowing whether the tune is correct or not.
The only method that really matters, good ole feel for the machine. Don't get hung up on the numbers game. If it feels right.... it usually is.
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
Lean feels good but it doesn't do the bike any good. This reminds me of that commercial many years ago that said " Pay a little now or a lot later"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,891 Posts
sgtrage said:
:bs: :bs: :bs:

SERT is overkill for typical pipes, topless, K&N application. Don't believe the hype.
I agree and what Harley doesn't tell you is the sert is proprietary to your electrical system, if a major computer part fails you'll need a new sert! Another marketing strategy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Spaz said:
Lean feels good but it doesn't do the bike any good. This reminds me of that commercial many years ago that said " Pay a little now or a lot later"
Once it's running to your liking the plugs, exhaust and gas milage will supply all the diagnostics you'll need. If your looking to sqeeze every bit of horse it's a differant story.
 

·
found my old avatar
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
well, total cost of ownership ought to include all the mods that will come after. Once you have a programmable fuel management device you realize you can buy all kinds of wonderful stuff, knowing you can re-map to accomodate them. :D
(I'm sure this rarely happens)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top