Which would be best for the V-Rod....
beam type ? 0-75 lbs? 20-150lbs?

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Ricky G said:
Which would be best for the V-Rod....
beam type ? 0-75 lbs? 20-150lbs
Unless you are really getting into major engine and transmission work, the 0-75 lb/ft beam type will handle most everything you need. Get the 3/8" drive size - since these are the socket sizes you'll need most often. The rear axle nuts are about the only thing you'd need anything over 100 lb/ft. for on a "regular" basis.

The beam type generally are cheaper and easier to maintain. The clicker style, while more convenient for busy technicians, do require periodic calibration. I bought a smaller "microtork" clicker style to handle the smaller fasteners on the hand controls, etc. (torque measured in INCH/ lbs.) but for most of these you could probably go by feel. A drop or two of Loctite comes in handy here too - even if you get the torque just right, a lot of the screws have a nasty habit of buzzing loose, usually when it is least convenient for you.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ricky for the V-Rod I suggest the 20-150 torque wrench. If you need a torque wrench below 20 fout pounds I suggest you get a 3/8" wrench and not the 1/2". The single biggest thing I use mine for is the rear axle nut that is 90ft lbs.

Max

·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Max said:
Ricky for the V-Rod I suggest the 20-150 torque wrench. If you need a torque wrench below 20 fout pounds I suggest you get a 3/8" wrench and not the 1/2". The single biggest thing I use mine for is the rear axle nut that is 90ft lbs.

Max
Tango Max and everone else for there input......Im off :driving: to Sears.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts