Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what toppless means but my question is how much advantage does it give, is there draw backs, is water capable of getting in (I am not a fair weather rider), What do you do with the sensor that is mounted on the lid, I am thinking of going toppless but I only have the ECM reflashed so far no fuel management would this be a problem or would I just have to try it and see how it runs out. I know all you guys can answer my questions.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
VRSCR-Dave said:
I now what toppless means but my question is how much advantage does it give,

Has great advantage re beer sales at most clubs

is there draw backs,

Only if your wife's lawyer sees the pics

is water capable of getting in
Not at any a the wet T shirt contests I seen

What do you do with the sensor that is mounted on the lid,
set willy free

. I know all you guys can answer my questions.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Advantage about 3hp according to dyno runs I have seen here, drill a hole in the front and plug in the sensor, water should not be a problem since it will still come in from the vent the same.
No need for a Fuel mngt sys unless you also do the pipes.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
When I went topless without a fuel manager the pipes got so hot I thought my leg was on fire. The R is very lean from the factory and making it topless only amplifies the problem.

I used a zip tie to attach the sensor to the negative battery cable.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
myneed4speed said:
I heard DMX got 45 hp when they went topless.
:rofl2:

And went up from their 139HP stock 1130 to almost 200!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys I might just wait until I put a fuel manager on it next spring Then I'm going toppless for sure. The pipe, refash, wind fly, and shift light were enough money for this year.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When i went topless most times that i revved my bike to the red line in first and second gears, instantly my speedo would die and the bike would run rough and wouldnt tick over (idle), dieing as the revs dropped to zero...At this point the bike would only start up again if i turned it off at the main switch and turned it back on again, as if i was resetting something.....had it like this for a couple of weeks, switched back from topless to standard and its never done it since...So only lesson ive learnt is that my bike doesnt like topless, shame cos i really loved the sound of it :-(

·
Registered
36 Posts
mitch2000 said:
When i went topless most times that i revved my bike to the red line in first and second gears, instantly my speedo would die and the bike would run rough and wouldnt tick over (idle), dieing as the revs dropped to zero...At this point the bike would only start up again if i turned it off at the main switch and turned it back on again, as if i was resetting something.....had it like this for a couple of weeks, switched back from topless to standard and its never done it since...So only lesson ive learnt is that my bike doesnt like topless, shame cos i really loved the sound of it :-(
Sounds like your sensor wires were pinched.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts