Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

topless

421 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  rpjense 
#1 ·
if i have this correct, going topless is just simply eliminating the top airbox cover, and the metal clips? and leaving the black plastic cover atop the a/f?:stooge: OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN!! I DUN GONE POSTED TWICE!! HOW IN THE HECK DO I DO THAT?

#3 ·
Topless

HELLO OUT THERE.
IF I HAVE THIS CORRECT, TO GO TOPLESS, YOU SIMPLY REMOVE THE AIRBOX COVER, AND AIT SENSOR, PLUG IT IN, REMOVE THE METAL CLIPS, AND LEAVE THE A/F BLACK COVER AND WING NUT. OR IS THERE AN ACTUAL KIT FOR THIS OPERATION?:stooge:

#5 ·
Yup,
that's pretty much it.....(no kit necessary).....

#9 ·
Cable tie it / velcro it or cut a hole in the bottom part of the air box to put the sensor into. Basically it's going to be loose in the bottom part of the ab cover.

No Kit. Next time you talk to the tech ask them what comes in the kit and the part number of the kit. When they spew the crap out of their mouths call them on it and go to the manager to question their business ethics and see if you can pull something free out of them.

#10 ·
NightRod ELPASO said:
Cable tie it / velcro it or cut a hole in the bottom part of the air box to put the sensor into. Basically it's going to be loose in the bottom part of the ab cover.

No Kit. Next time you talk to the tech ask them what comes in the kit and the part number of the kit. When they spew the crap out of their mouths call them on it and go to the manager to question their business ethics and see if you can pull something free out of them.
Buisness ethics? free? everyone makes mistakes...even dealers. More then likely they mistaken it for something else.

How can you get something free from someone making a verbal mistake...lol

#11 ·
That's why he should ask them for part number of the kit and what comes in it.

If they come back with some made up stuff then that is where you question them about their ethics. If they come back saying oops we screwed up then you just tell them that maybe they should learn their product line before answering questions.

#12 ·
drill a hole the right grommet size in the left front bottom of the Airbox and stick it in there.

It's an easy fit.

Now if you go with a upgraded filter your gonna be Lean and want to be able to add fuel.

The V-rods are pretty lean stock so you might have problems if you don't add extra fuel to the Mix:deal:

Just wanted you to know.

Kaz.....:kaz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.