Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 NRS with a PC V and baffleless slip ons.I am using the map for force baffeless slip ons and stock A/C.I want to run a K&N topless.Do I need to fool with the map anymore?

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
What part of Westchester you from?

Unless your getting dyno tuned with major component I wouldnt worry about " Working " the map. But if you know how to tweak then just pop off the top ( topless) switch the filter and see how she rides. Add or take away from where she needs it. For a while I ran different maps and alot are similar you just have to pay attention to the way the bike pulls sounds feels and lol how much gas your burning. Now I got lucky and a found map from Brothawolf which works like a charm ( even though he has 1130cc and on the east coat and I have 1250cc on the west coast). Oh and you never know taking off the top or switching the filter could be just what you need. I took the top off and man the bike loves it. She loves it a lil too much because I lost 5 mpg. So now I get gas every two days of commute versus 3. Oh and topless sounds nice too almost like a metalic roar :angeldev:

But with all that said and done buy the auto tune :D. I should be picking mine up soon. But its a coin toss tires or auto tune..........Do I want a better tune but cant ride the bike because no tires or do I want tires and get auto tune next paycheck because I can get by on tune I have...........Hmmmm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Most just mount it in the filter cover, or somewhere on the bottom half of the box.

·
Registered
248 Posts
how do you guys go about moving the air sensor when going topless? mine is on the top half of the airbox.
yep, i drilled 2 tiny holes in the bottom half of airbox, in the front "lip" by battery and ran a zip tie through the holes to hold sensor

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
I just zipped tied mine with my HID wires thats in the airbox. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts