Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok got your attention now lol...

Seriously, are there any concerns with running topless in the rain. I have the stock aircleaner at the moment. I ride most days regardless of weather unless its going to be a complete downpour all day.

I have seen some with a partial topless by cutting back half of the air box cover off? not sure if there is an advantage to that.

Anyone have some experience they can share.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
No problem - I have ridden (topless) in some major deluges with no problems at all, and that is with a JE airbox, which has the scoops on side that bring in more air (and water). It's really not an issue - a little moisture mixed in to the intake will just help clean the carbon off your pistons. It's not like you're gonna drown it.

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent...off with the top permanently. I was wondering about the JE covers and their ability to scoop rain lol.

Thanks for the replies

·
Janitor of Anarchy
172 Posts
:worthless :

what? girls running topless in the rain? pix man!!!

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Nightrydervrscr said:
what exactly is this topless everyone speaks of -new to the v-rod circut.
It's not easy getting straight answers on this subject here. It means to remove the upper filter cover with the snorkel tube. Use the search feature (just type "topless") for more info about details on this mod. A lot of people like the small gain in HP and large gain in noise.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i got caught in a horrible douwnpour the other day for about 20 miles... topless here as well with now issues to report

·
Registered
21 Posts
Besides the cooler throaty sound and the slight bump in power, does anybody notice and tiny ticking sound when letting off the throttle, decelerating, or keeping at a steady 2500-3000 rpm?

I put mine back on and the ticking disappeared, but I want it back off again!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
vrodmaverick said:
Besides the cooler throaty sound and the slight bump in power, does anybody notice and tiny ticking sound when letting off the throttle, decelerating, or keeping at a steady 2500-3000 rpm?

The top end is pretty noisy - I can hear the cam chains and some valve noise when idling. Easily fixed - just twist the throttle and drown it out!!!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
vrodmaverick said:

Get a louder exhaust. With my CFR I don't hear anything but exhaust noise.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also posted this on another thread. Ticking and topless, you are most likely hearing the injectors !! :bash: :bash:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts