Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Peter Fitsinbeaver
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard topless getting thrown around a lot. I was wondering if it made a difference? I currently have a SE filter, V&H 2-1, and a fuelpak. Would I need to put in a different code in to run it? Also while I am on it does anyone run the same set up as me? If so what map did you use in the catalog? The closest I saw was the 772 map. Any info on all this would help out a lot. Thanks

High flying gas passer..........:stilpoke:

·
pronounced "shane"
447 Posts
I have heard topless getting thrown around a lot. I was wondering if it made a difference? I currently have a SE filter, V&H 2-1, and a fuelpak. Would I need to put in a different code in to run it? Also while I am on it does anyone run the same set up as me? If so what map did you use in the catalog? The closest I saw was the 772 map. Any info on all this would help out a lot. Thanks

High flying gas passer..........:stilpoke:
The dealer actually made mine topless (without me even asking). I brought it in for a tune & dyno and they said to get the best performance out if it, it needed to be done.

·
Peter Fitsinbeaver
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so the dealer can do it? I am just worried about a check engine light coming on. What did they do with the wire that was attached?

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Topless is easy, just make sure you take the clips off too. I elected to not go topless and still make great power with CFR, K&N and PC3. You will need a new map, with all that air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts