Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a D&D fat cat Exhaust system about a month ago.
A week ago my rpm started fluctuating at idle and popping when backing off the acceleration.
My thoughts were with the new Exhaust exhaling (less back pressure) intake needed to match that, well looking the system over I discovered my breather tubes (PCV) were cracked and leaking oil slightly.
So I bought a screening eagle hi flow air cleaning element and new tubes and modified the airbox to be topless air temp sensor included.
The surging rpm stabilizes and the engine smoothed out very nicely.
I'm now wondering if a new power commander is still needed or not.
With the new Exhaust and topless airbox the performance has improved greatly, seems to run a little cooler and a little quicker response in acceleration.
I also am wondering if this will last a few weeks or have I've done enough for now.
Looking forward to some input.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When you change to a full exhaust, you need a tuner. I suppose you could skip it if you like how it rides, but would run better with a tuner.

·
"Grab your ankles"
193 Posts
"A new Power Commander"? So you already have one?

If you're running with full exhaust and topless, that bike is really running lean if it's not properly tuned. Fuelmoto.com is my go to site for tuning.

·
Registered
274 Posts
(PCV) -think he meant pos crankcase vent not pwr commander 5
new freer flowing exhaust - hi-flo AF - Topless
w/stock tune?
sounds risky

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both very much I do believe I have my next step in mind. How about input on what brand or any other info or suggestions.
This site is a awesome source of Of good information I believe from good people

·
"Grab your ankles"
193 Posts
Get in touch with Fuelmoto.com and let them know what you're looking for and their customer care will take over. They have maps for just about every modification pairing imaginable. They'll load up the unit with a map and stick it in the mail.

They are truly 2nd to none. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To everyone who have responded so far you have my gratitude this has been a wealth of info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Up till recently the biggest thrill out of many was when I bought this bike brand new off the showroom floor.
Now doing these changes has given me a even bigger thrill with endless possibilities in the future.
Count me in the happy biker club lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well my brand new power vision is on its way here, feel like a kid with a birthday just around the corner.
Spoke with Bob at Feulmoto.com
and picked up a little more
knowledge.
CVO1 you were spot on brother,
Customer service made it a cakewalk and explained a lot.

·
"Grab your ankles"
193 Posts
I'm glad that I could help. Fuelmoto.com has been a great site that has helped us V-Rod guys. They are a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes sir, every review I have read speaks highly of the product and the folks of Feulmoto.com
Thanks for sharing with me, I haven't even heard of them before this

1 - 15 of 15 Posts