Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud NEW owner of a 2005 V rod, I want to customize it but not break my bank doing it. I am looking for a rear air ride but so there so many installers in my city and they all claim they have the best systems. so i have few questions.
1; anyone used the Amazon -OR- 2. anyone with real facts no hearsay what would be the top 10 air lifts
3. besides the obvious "Legend" is on the top and cost, what can be cost effective and do the same job as those super expensive systems,

thank you all

·
Registered
62 Posts
Arnott and Legend are the only good ones. Rest is all junk. But honestly, no air ride can give you the ride quality of a good quality shock set up. If I had to go back, I'd go to with a 12 inch shock set up. Ohlins or Progressive or even the HD Dyna shocks.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
I went with Arnott because I liked the way they looked better. The Legend has ugly writing on it to be seen. But they say the Arnott will turn from black to a purplish color. So far mine are still black. Like said above, the ride isn't the greatest, but the look it gives and being able to raise and lower the bike is nice. When I want comfort I jump on my touring bike. The V-Rod is for the days I rode solo and want to do some aggressive fun riding.

·
VRSC est -03
2,759 Posts
Running Arnotts on my dx some years now, never failed. Drop all air and still dont touches the inner fender, love the slammed look when parked. Had to powder coat the upper part when they started to turn purple`ish. Have I read somewhere Arnott has changed surface finish...?? If I had to do buy new shocks again I would look twice to Legends as they have a better appearance but thats me...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Running Arnotts on my dx some years now, never failed. Drop all air and still dont touches the inner fender, love the slammed look when parked. Had to powder coat the upper part when they started to turn purple`ish. Have I read somewhere Arnott has changed surface finish...?? If I had to do buy new shocks again I would look twice to Legends as they have a better appearance but thats me...
The new Arnotts don’t turn purple. They changed the powder coat brand they used to use.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Never heard of PC turning purple. Unsealed black anodize will from bleaching in the sun . Are you sure it's not anodizing?
Ron
Yes you might be right. They were using a different anodized coating on the shock covers earlier that turned purple after prolonged UV exposure. Not anymore. Thanks for clarifying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts