Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no longer can find a E-Bay section on the forum, So I figured I would posted here to share. I have nothing to do with the sale or seller of these Items, I have purchased from him recently and would share the info.

Every once and a great while, Kent Moore VRSC special tools pop up. I even found the engine rolling stand with the R model adapter, Shifter Detent retractor, output flange holder (which I seen a member looking for not to long ago) along with other numeriuos VRSC Tools. I can tell you the prices are negotiable and includes shipping (I have bought from others at "Reasonable Prices" and got whacked on the shipping) but does charge tax. The E-bay Sellers name is price2sale4u

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know what you got.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Got the HD - 45331A Output flange holding tool and that's a true Unicorn ! So thanks big time JJrod much appreciated I have had a work around to torque the output flange nut but the tool makes it so much easier and you don't need a second person so well worth the $ 45 shipped - Thanks again !! (y) :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Ron, I finally got that damn output flange tool that you beat me to last time - (y) hey that cylinder liner tool is a good deal I think you built one off the dimensions I sent you from mine but it's a good deal for someone that doesn't have one or the means to make one. Move quickly guys Unicorns don't come out in the open to get easily bagged very often !! (y):D

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Ron, I finally got that damn output flange tool that you beat me to last time - (y) hey that cylinder liner tool is a good deal I think you built one off the dimensions I sent you from mine but it's a good deal for someone that doesn't have one or the means to make one. Move quickly guys Unicorns don't come out in the open to get easily bagged very often !! (y):D
Figured you would see that. Didn't break a nail hitting that buy button too fast, did you? Crank retainers I got last year and his prices are about the same. My liner tool is for 1250 only which is fine. I saw the one tool I might like. Debating if I really need it.
Ron

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was a timing chain tensioner gauge tool there but it's gone now. I was debating on the engine service stand, but would need a spare engine to park on it

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
There was a timing chain tensioner gauge tool there but it's gone now. I was debating on the engine service stand, but would need a spare engine to park on it
Not really. Mine is sitting beside my engine building stand that I will likely never use. The service stand works good at changing the rear engine mounts too. I used it for that. That tensioner tool , I got long ago. Just recently used it on the cam shimming operation. Nice tool if you can find one.
Ron

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Ron, Will the engine service stand support the bike to remove the shocks. I have to send mine back for leaking repair and instead of buying a set of shock to put on for a week. Could the stand be used to keep the frame up and the swingarm extended and be able to move the bike around?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
JJrod stand might work - if not just cut a couple boards to replace the shocks to hold it up - I got the cam shim measurement tool, wheel bearings R&R and steering neck R&R tools from the almost 200K Mile VRSCX V Rod rider Rusty G here in Central FL. We still need to find a buyer for his bike it's in real nice shape, just high mileage but if someone is looking for a bike to either ride some more and see how many miles they can get out of it for fun or to rebuild the engine up with a Turbo or S/C it would be a great buy. I'd buy it myself but I've got 2 cars, a boat, six M/C's and workbenches in the garage so absolutely no place to store it - wife would kill me dead as well if I bought another M/C.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Hey Ron, Will the engine service stand support the bike to remove the shocks. I have to send mine back for leaking repair and instead of buying a set of shock to put on for a week. Could the stand be used to keep the frame up and the swingarm extended and be able to move the bike around?
Not really the right tool for that, as in moving the bike around. Best for lowering engine onto it and pulling it out and fixed height might not be the best. I'd get two 3/8 x 1 1/4 or 1 1/2" flat bars and drill the shock mount holes in that. Use them as supports to roll the bike around until new shocks show up.
Ron

·
VRSC est -03
3,094 Posts
I no longer can find a E-Bay section on the forum...

...the engine rolling stand with the R model adapter...
It looks like the ebay section is permanently removed. Was probably taken away at the introduction with the new layout.

I wonder if the wheels are of the swivel casters type?

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
It looks like the ebay section is permanently removed. Was probably taken away at the introduction with the new layout.

I wonder if the wheels are of the swivel casters type?

View attachment 606880
Hard to tell but with rivets, more likely a ball roller. I put 4 swivels on mine mostly since my floor is a brushed finish so needed decent rolling. Balls will only work on something like a steel bike lift surface. That is not an R specific item. All engines will fit.
Ron

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The adapter plate is for the R due to the higher ground clearance.
I also have pdf of the tool catalog

Attachments

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
The adapter plate is for the R due to the higher ground clearance.
I also have pdf of the tool catalog
Good point. I never considered the extra height of the R. I was wondering why it was modular from the others I looked at. Thanks for the correction. Looks like the lower part will work for the rest?
Ron

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Correct Ron,
The Lower Part will work on the standard VRSC line with the exception of the R. All engines will fit on either one. The height is the only difference.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
What is the "unicorn" cam chain tensioner gauge worth? Because I don't want to get raped, if I find one. I bought the tappet compression tool. After months of calling dealers across the country that used to sell the tools, but no longer did. I did find a dealer that would finally sell to me, and my A*s still recovering. That's been a few years ago

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
What is the "unicorn" cam chain tensioner gauge worth? Because I don't want to get raped, if I find one. I bought the tappet compression tool. After months of calling dealers across the country that used to sell the tools, but no longer did. I did find a dealer that would finally sell to me, and my A*s still recovering. That's been a few years ago
I got mine as a trade for sending a component for beta testing back in 2013. I think you use to be able to find them for under $100 at one time on Ebay. Never see them again. Got a deal on the compression tools too but they've dried up as well. It's like someone lists tools and in no time the adds are pulled for some reason or someone does a major buy out on them.
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I paid $ 80 for my secondary cam chain tensioning tool from Rusty G and they are very nicely made, quite heavy also. I looked for years on ebay to no avail - but you never know I gave up on the H-D 45331A Drive Yoke Lock and JJrod put out a heads up and I got one so it can happen, almost have to search ebay everyday but tools sometimes hide and aren't always found by P/N but many times by general topic like " V Rod Tools " can really help. I think I'll make that engine support out of fully boxed 2 x10's cut, screwed, glued and tattoo'd with full swivel castering metal wheels on the bottom. My H-D dealer has and will order tools for me if they're available, and has even back ordered ones where Kent Moore/ Bosch has made them special order. If anyone is in dire need need of a tool ask your dealer just sweet talk them most will do it for you if they can make profit off it. If not ask me and I'll check for you at my local Seminole H-D. (y) :cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts