Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been trying to find something to store and carry needed tools and my rotor lock for my V-Rod for quite some time and everything that I have found looks like it does not belong on a V-Rod. Please view the attached pic and tell me what your thoughts are on what I have done. (I am running topless) (Allen wrenches, adjustable wrench, tire gage, and rotor lock) I purchased some HEAVY duty Velcro with an adhesive on both sides and installed them as shown. I do not think it will cause a problem. They are on my V-Rod when I need them and they are totally hidden.

Most Respectfully
Frank

PS: Thank you Monstermax for the idea

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Good idea Frank, might even be worth a couple of velcro strips on things like the allen wrenches and cresent to keep them in the very front low. I would consider that to be the greatest area of dead air space in the cleaner.

Max

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
This is a great topic. I would like to see a storage mod utilizing this inefficiently used space on the bike. The bike really needs storage! I say eliminate the factory airbox cover, and redesign the whole air intake system. There is plenty of room inside there for a custom molded plastic glove box. Mod the aluminum bodywork into a reinforced hinged cabinet so you have direct access.

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Drill a hole in the air cleaner cover, insert the rubber grommet and then insert the sensor. That's what the HD shop did when I did my dyno runs and decided to go topless. The instructions that came with the rubber grommet located it in another location. It works fine for me at the present location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts