Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an '03 V-Rod and I need to change my rear brake pads this evening. I am not sure what tool is needed to remove the pins and can I get to it without removing the rear shock? Thank you in advance for any help the forum pros can give me.

·
X - Kschues
1,327 Posts
This is from memory, so I may be a bit off. I think all that you need is a 12 point 1/4 inch socket. Sometimes this is hard to get all the way on the pin. (there is not much working room between the pin and the housing) I can not remeember if i had to removee the shock or not.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I believe Kurt is right. If memory serves, it's the same size as the front brakes, so it may be easier to size check there. 12 point socket for sure, size, I forget.

RJ

·
----->
7,589 Posts
If you find that you can't slide the new pads in.....
Remove the radiator shroud on the right side. Take the cap off Master Cylinder. Push the cylinder (On caliper) in slowly. That will allow you enough space to work with.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rear brakes done in short time last night. Great instructions. Knowing what tools are needeed and super instructions made that job easy. Having a good putty knife was the key to pushing in the pistons and removing the pads. WOW, my old pads were terrible. Thanks to all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts