Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put these tool bags on both sides of my frame. Before I was useing the VRSC saddle bag frame and bags which do work realy nice. I average about 15k miles a year and like to be very functional but lately Ive been trying to do some mods and get it looking good. I got these bags from Fox Creek Leather. The quallity is incredible and you cant beat the look and feel. When Im at a light with feet down the back of my legs wrest on the bags slightly but its a comfortable feeling. The seat opens up just fine and even though these wont hold as much as the VRSC bags they get the job done. Let me know what you guys think...

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Title is a little misleading. On the active topics it reads "Tool bags on the DX" only which I thought you were dissing us DX owners. LOL.
Anyway...I like the bags. Fits the bike nicely.

Hate to jack your thread but was wondering if you had any luck getting the burn off your swing arm. I have the same discoloration on my SA from the stock pipes and I want to get rid of it. Not sure if there is anything to do other than paint.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Title is a little misleading. On the active topics it reads "Tool bags on the DX" only which I thought you were dissing us DX owners. LOL.
Anyway...I like the bags. Fits the bike nicely.

Hate to jack your thread but was wondering if you had any luck getting the burn off your swing arm. I have the same discoloration on my SA from the stock pipes and I want to get rid of it. Not sure if there is anything to do other than paint.
LOL Tools on DX LOL

Nah thats mud on the swingarm...I was just riding it and didnt wash it before i put the bags on...prolly should have shined her up first but Im the guy that rides and rides and rides and then maybee the rain washes her LOL (After you said that I ran outside and wiped the swing arm off just to make sure LOL)

·
Registered
546 Posts
I like them, they work with the bike and are functional. They're a good way of keeping needed stuff, with minimal intrusion. Me personally, I would lose those wing things and just keep it black and clean.

·
Registered
422 Posts
LOL Tools on DX LOL

Nah thats mud on the swingarm...I was just riding it and didnt wash it before i put the bags on...prolly should have shined her up first but Im the guy that rides and rides and rides and then maybee the rain washes her LOL (After you said that I ran outside and wiped the swing arm off just to make sure LOL)
Ok...Well I have a discoloration from what looks like an exhaust leak in the stock pipes that I didn't notice until after I swapped the pipes. Oh well...it's not terrible.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice looking, seem to fit good. Any info on the supplier?...price?
Thanks.
Fox Creek Leather $80 each $60 Each with out the skullwing...I like the Skull as Im gonna be going with a skull theam on my bike, I found some of these on ebay for $50 by another company but the quallity looked very poor IMO.

I went with 10 inches wide and it fits perfect...there is a 12 inch wide but I think that would be a bit much IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts