Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Out of interest, do you have to take a motorcycle test in the US or can you just hope on a bike if you have a car license?
I ask because, well I don’t mean to be rude but. your riding lines suck, you’re not on a racetrack.
That’s why some of the bends catch you out in the woods.
If you want to look at the view stop the bike don’t do it when you’re following.
Lastly how were your ands after that trip?

·
RIP Nigel & KAK
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of interest, do you have to take a motorcycle test in the US or can you just hope on a bike if you have a car license?
I ask because, well I don’t mean to be rude but. your riding lines suck, you’re not on a racetrack.
If you want to look at the view stop the bike don’t do it when you’re following.
Well you can't see how bad the road is , the lower section is real bad, they just dumped blacktop over the original road and didn't smooth out the bumps. My hands were fine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I really don't think he posted the vid so you could criticize his riding. Nice vid, wish I had some roads like that near me.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
lol dude, his riding is fine. Remember, this is America and not tight ass UK.

·
Registered
312 Posts
"this is America and not tight ass UK"
dont talk like a prick.
I know he didnt post the vid to have someone criticize his riding. but he was all over the road. when I see someone that is in danger of getting killed because of his riding. I try and say something.
I belive his family would like him to come home again after he gos for a ride.

·
RIP Nigel & KAK
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wasn't all over the rode plus on the back side of the mountain were constant 45mph winds. At no time was I ever in danger of getting in an accident.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
myotherworld: I appreciate your concerns, but I also grew up driving and riding on those roads and this time of year they're still poor at best.
Between the freeze/thaw cycle, plowing, ice, & gravel, you feel like you're doing the downhill slalom at the Olympics trying to dodge the tar snakes, cracks, potholes, and other road debris/hazards.
Not easy riding clean lines on back country roads on the east coast, especially now that every state is trying to save money by not doing road work on the routes less traveled.
Besides, he keeps the front brake and clutch covered for damn near the entire ride!

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
damn u post a vid so people can see y=the senery and u get someoen bustin us nuts cause of how u ride.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am not talking about over the mountain. I am talking about the ride in the woods at the beginning and at the end of the vid. Where you crossed over to the other side of the road, where you were not in control . Luckily there was no oncoming traffic.
Can I ask again do you have to take another test to ride a motorcycle in the US. Or can you just jump on a bike if you have a full car license?
“damn u post a vid so people can see y=the senery and u get someoen bustin us nuts cause of how u ride.” I wonder will his family post the vid when he goes head-on into oncoming traffic?
Information from NHTSA
Year 1999 2008
Fatal crashes. drivers 22.971 killed in 1999
19.220 killed in 2008(not much change)
Fatal crashes. motorcyclists 2.483 killed in 1998
5.290 killed in 2008(more than doubled)

things are not good out there for bikers
Getting some motorcycle training is not a threat to your manhood

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
well DUH of course they arent for bikers we are on 2 whells with no cage to protect us.
but hey thanks for the news flash as i bet not one person on this site ever realised that motorcycling was dangerous and i bet they all go sell thier bikes now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, you have to take a specific Motorcycle test. It is easy though, 25 question written test and about a 10-15 minute riding test that only involves a parking lot with orange cones.

·
RIP Nigel & KAK
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At no point was i out of control, and the bottom of this road is what i was talking about the nasty bumps. They dumped blacktop over the road without removing the old road so its me trying not to hit them. pleease stop posting about it. I posted for the vid nott my driving .

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks you big mean, that explains a lot.
I just find it hard to understand anyone that thinks 20 mins in car park is sufficient. or has to be forced by law to take care of there own well being.
Biking is dangerous we all know that. But anyone that thinks that jeans t-shirt and shades is all they need on a bike is going to get f**ked up a lot faster than someone that has an approved helmet and padding and armour.
I am sorry I have wasted my time. You are of course free to kill yourselves and leave your loved one to wonder “if only”

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I am not talking about over the mountain. I am talking about the ride in the woods at the beginning and at the end of the vid. Where you crossed over to the other side of the road, where you were not in control . Luckily there was no oncoming traffic.
I wonder will his family post the vid when he goes head-on into oncoming traffic?
Information from NHTSA
Year 1999 2008
Fatal crashes. drivers 22.971 killed in 1999
19.220 killed in 2008(not much change)
Fatal crashes. motorcyclists 2.483 killed in 1998
5.290 killed in 2008(more than doubled)

things are not good out there for bikers
Getting some motorcycle training is not a threat to your manhood
somethings that those numbers you posted do not take into consideration are...
whose fault, rider or cager that was involved
wildlife involved such as deer or wild pig
catastrophic component failure, ie; tire blow out
licensed riders vs. learner's permit
experience level of rider
type of bike, litre bike sport bike or cruiser
speed of collision....

You're making some broad assumptions on this dudes riding ability based on one video on roadways that you have ZERO knowledge about.

·
RIP Nigel & KAK
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol 20 min huh. Assuming alot arent you. I have over 20k miles on my sportster and 15k miles on my dx so i think im better off then 20min of a test. thanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Umm the population of the US is a lot higher than the UK? If you want retarded fatality numbers look at my home country of Poland.

Also dude, are you suprised at the level of driver education in North America? You think motorcycling is bad? You should see the car tests we have...

Our licensing system allows guys from India that rode elephants before coming here to have a full license when they immigrate. Believe me, some guy riding a DX on Mt. Washington is the least of your worries.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Umm the population of the US is a lot higher than the UK? If you want retarded fatality numbers look at my home country of Poland.

Also dude, are you suprised at the level of driver education in North America? You think motorcycling is bad? You should see the car tests we have...

Our licensing system allows guys from India that rode elephants before coming here to have a full license when they immigrate. Believe me, some guy riding a DX on Mt. Washington is NONE of your FARK'n business since you're in England anyway!
fixed it for ya

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Wow that's a crazy road. Not really tight in the turns but narrow and in bad shape.

With the drop offs so close to the edge of the road and barely enough room for two vehicles to pass themselves that road in itself is a bit dangerous. But as for your riding I didn't see you doing anything that put yourself in danger. Though I personally frown on covering the front brake all the time while riding on the street.. But that's the Ridercoach in me lol.

Cars slowed up for bikes to pass and considering no centerline painted it was perfectly safe and legal to make the passes.

What camera are you using? The quality of the video is excellent

1 - 20 of 27 Posts