Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the UPS/United Way car and motorcycle show on Sunday with my truck and the Vrod. I took home honors in the stock motorcycle class. I attached pics of our truck club, my plaque, and the V. Just wanted to share the good news!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Congrats, Are those trcks pretty fast? I dont know much about those bumble bee ones I know more about the srt 10's

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vrodriding said:
Congrats, Are those trcks pretty fast? I dont know much about those bumble bee ones I know more about the srt 10's
It obviously has the 5.7 Hemi. It's no different than a stock ram with a hemi, with the exception of a limited edition appearance package.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ah so it has more body weight to slow it done kinda like the old 5.0 lx vs the old 5.0 GT stangs yea GT sounded cooler but it was slower more weight like 200#'s from the seats and then the body kit! Oh well still good looking trucks

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Congrats!!!!!:dance:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
abitwar10 said:
Went to the UPS/United Way car and motorcycle show on Sunday with my truck and the Vrod. I took home honors in the stock motorcycle class. I attached pics of our truck club, my plaque, and the V. Just wanted to share the good news!
How can you take home honors in the "stock motorcycle class" when clearly your "V" is far from stock?:spank:

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
How can you take home honors in the "stock motorcycle class" when clearly your "V" is far from stock?:spank:
The non-initiated don't know that! :cool:

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
hd-v-rodder said:
That is the first thing that came to me as well. The judges, as well as a lot of the motorcycle crowd, still don't know a lot about our beloved VRods.
Sweet looking bike though.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Congrats,
Looks bone stock to me. :angeldev:
Sharp bike!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
abitwar10 said:
That is one ugly plaque! Looks like something you would get in the early 70's! :chair:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RODent said:
That is one ugly plaque! Looks like something you would get in the early 70's! :chair:
I agree, but better than nothing. :D

As far as the stock comments, my bike didn't fit into any of the other categories which were pre 1949, street custom, sport, race, chopper, bagger, trike. To me, my bike is not a street custom. I really don't have that much done to it other than adding some chrome and changing the pipes, like most owners do.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Surprised to see you've still got the orange reflectors on the front forks?
Congrats though.
I've just put street sweepers on my rod...great sound!

·
Registered
519 Posts
abitwar10 said:
I agree, but better than nothing. :D

As far as the stock comments, my bike didn't fit into any of the other categories which were pre 1949, street custom, sport, race, chopper, bagger, trike. To me, my bike is not a street custom. I really don't have that much done to it other than adding some chrome and changing the pipes, like most owners do.
BTW - congrats!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts