Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

Recently I have noticed that my header pipes and 3rd volume changed colors into a shiny blue with orange/brownish outline.
Now before everybody jumps in and says "use the search function"... ,I have.

Here is what I don't understand. My bike performs without sputtering (once it's warmed up), it has the occasional pops during engine braking, but no stalls or roughness and the pipes were always in the same chrome/steel shine that I bought the bike with (header and aux volume). The color change has only recently occurred, without any changes in configuration. I have the 2008 VRSCDX with stock pipes, but V&H Black widow slip on's. According to the seller the EFI has the stage 1 download on it (which should counter the slip on's). Otherwise the bike is stock. The only thing that happened in the last month, is that the temperature in N Texas has risen to over 100 Degr F daily in the last 4 weeks.

can the outside temp be the reason for the sudden color change?
Shouldn't the O2 sensors take care of environmental changes?

I have read that blue headers are common, BUT is this still the case when the aux volume is also almost completely blue?

Thx

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
Its not the temps... my headers are bluish but my 3rd volume is still chrome (I am running tab slash cuts). 25K miles in temps over 120 on the freeway in rush hour traffic out here during the summer... so I would say something else is going on.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should take it to the dealer. :( . i was trying to avoid that, but engine wise, I have no expertise whatsoever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts