Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Listening to the last video, cycling the IAC, it sounded odd, do you have access to another VROD to compare sounds during the last few seconds when it's resetting?

You can see the pintle is in the ready position for cold start, then after you shut off the ignition main switch, the pintle moves to fully closed then backs up to ready cold start.
IAC is brand new.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone from V-Rod, Harley are quite rare in Poland ;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Well, gentlemen, I found the reasons for the increased RPM and error P0505.
The problem is the nut that secures the filter cover...

View attachment 603642

the harder I screw it, the RPM increases and an error lights up.
At this moment he is screwed, just to keep it. without resistance

But I'm not going to leave it like this, and now the question is, what does this stick with RPM have in common?
Like I said before. The IAC is running out of control from extra air coming in at which point it will throw a code. This really is a WTF moment because in order to yank the socket flange from the head oring seal or tear the boot possibly or whatever this extreme tightening did you are going way way too tight on that filter nut. Basically hold it down with your hand and about 4 clicks is all you need. In order to break the seal like that, the airbox has to be contacting the head, coolant tube or something to offer leverage around the filter outer edge to pull the throttle bodies up. Do a close examination of both boots. This means pulling the throtle bodies off and moving them over to the side.
Ron

21 - 23 of 23 Posts