Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my fork spring to progressive springs. As I got my old springs out I've seen that they are already progressive. Since I have bought a used V-Rod I don't know if these are the stock ones or already progressive springs.
Could someone verify that these are stock ones? The spring on the right is the old one I got out of my fork.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
I have an old set in the garage and they look like the shorter left spring. I know when I changed them the Progressives were much longer. The compression rates are different so this is normal. I'm prety sure the spring was a little heavier for the Progressives.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What do the spacers look like that you took out? My progressives came with white ones and the stock ones are metal. The link in the post above shows the difference .

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nate552 said:
Here is a good pic of the HD springs next to the Progressive Springs

CLICK HERE
Thank you. That's exactly what I needed. So the springs that I took out are really the stock springs.

However, my progressive springs are 60 mm shorter than the stock ones. I have the springs from Wilbers and they say that they are NOT lowering the bike because they need less preload.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Slasher said:
Thank you. That's exactly what I needed. So the springs that I took out are really the stock springs.

However, my progressive springs are 60 mm shorter than the stock ones. I have the springs from Wilbers and they say that they are NOT lowering the bike because they need less preload.
Dude, the Progressive standard ride height springs are close to three inches longer than the stock HD springs.

Don't know about Wilbers, but something doesn't sound right with your set up.

My standard length Progressive springs have about an inch of pre-load. I would guess the stock springs and spacers had about three inches of preload.

Good luck. cw

·
Mountaineer
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cfw said:
Dude, the Progressive standard ride height springs are close to three inches longer than the stock HD springs.

Don't know about Wilbers, but something doesn't sound right with your set up.

My standard length Progressive springs have about an inch of pre-load. I would guess the stock springs and spacers had about three inches of preload.

Good luck. cw
Thanks. Wilbers is a prominent manufacturer of suspension for sport bikes here in Europe. They even have an ABE for the springs meaning that they have a general approval for installing these springs on the V-Rod by the German TÜV (which means a lot ;))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts