Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I like this new format or not. I could always tell in the old format if I was signed in from the upper right hand corner. And I could easily see if I had any messages or comments to any posts. Not so obvious now, so;
1) How do I know I'm signed in?
2) How do I easily see if I have messages?
3) Also how can I see if anyone has commented or replied to any of my posts or posts I'm following?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I don't know if I like this new format or not. I could always tell in the old format if I was signed in from the upper right hand corner. And I could easily see if I had any messages or comments to any posts. Not so obvious now, so;
3) Also how can I see if anyone has commented or replied to any of my posts or posts I'm following?
I'm not really impressed so far. Don't seem to have pm option.
Ron

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Possibly you need a profile picture. I can tell I am logged in because my profile pic is in the top right corner of page and when you have any alerts to following posts there is a little red dot on the top right corner of the profile pic. When you click on your pic you get a menu telling you which section the alert is for.
I quite like the new page so far, it's quite slick.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Possibly you need a profile picture. I can tell I am logged in because my profile pic is in the top right corner of page and when you have any alerts to following posts there is a little red dot on the top right corner of the profile pic. When you click on your pic you get a menu telling you which section the alert is for.
I quite like the new page so far, it's quite slick.
Possibly you need a profile picture? Does anyone know for sure? What was wrong with showing in the top right hand corner whether you're logged in or not? Same place showed if you had any messages. Pretty simple and easy to me. So how can I tell easily if I have any messages? So far I don't care for this new format.....

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Possibly you need a profile picture? Does anyone know for sure? What was wrong with showing in the top right hand corner whether you're logged in or not? Same place showed if you had any messages. Pretty simple and easy to me. So how can I tell easily if I have any messages? So far I don't care for this new format.....
I'll send you a PM and you will see where it shows up. There should be bars appear beside the 3 dots, top right, if I guess correctly. Send a reply back so I can see it too. As for login or not, top right it asks for you to log in if you are not and you will not see your purple square with your 0 in it. No pic needed. Weird, I run it in dark mod but when I logged out, it reverted back to light mode . As soon as I logged back in it opened in dark mode again.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
My Profile picture has a Dot. Looks orange to me. When I click the picture I get no indication what it is for. Here is what I am talking about

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
So far the only thing the orange dot for me is new posts but I have no dot in any part of the dropdown show what specifically it is for. The 3 dots will give a dropdown and one can select FAQ. This explains just about everything on the new forum. You know what men are like but I caved and finally read the directions. LOL. I do however have no upward arrow beside the new button as shown in account settings. I'm finding the filters suck, a least for me and leave them all unchecked as default.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll send you a PM and you will see where it shows up. There should be bars appear beside the 3 dots, top right, if I guess correctly. Send a reply back so I can see it too. As for login or not, top right it asks for you to log in if you are not and you will not see your purple square with your 0 in it. No pic needed. Weird, I run it in dark mod but when I logged out, it reverted back to light mode . As soon as I logged back in it opened in dark mode again.
Ron
I don't see anywhere it asks for me to log in so I guess that means that I am logged in?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I don't see anywhere it asks for me to log in so I guess that means that I am logged in?
Yes , you are logged in. Got your PM and replied. My reply should show up when you click your name at the top right as an alert and conversation. Who knows? I find that area of function clunky. It would be better to have it termed PM and allow me to see what was received and sent, rather then calling it a conversation. I didn't get my usual email pm alert but had to check that in settings for next time and see if that functions now.
Ron

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Yes , you are logged in. Got your PM and replied. My reply should show up when you click your name at the top right as an alert and conversation. Who knows? I find that area of function clunky. It would be better to have it termed PM and allow me to see what was received and sent, rather then calling it a conversation. I didn't get my usual email pm alert but had to check that in settings for next time and see if that functions now.
Ron
Thats not the drop down menu Ron. You have to click on your avatar and you get a different menu . I will send you a PM, so you can see.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts